Monday, March 1, 2010

This time of year means...

...Girl Scout cookies! Aren't they good?

I used to be a Girl Scout back in the day...for about 3 years and then I became bored with it. I'm not one for camping..and I was just over it. I always, always, enjoyed the cookie selling though. My mom has always been supportive of my siblings and I in any clubs, sports or organizations we were part of. (I love that about her!) So, anyway, during girl scout cookie "season" she always helped me achieve my cookie selling goal and we made a home assembly project of sorting through the cookies and delivering them once they had come in. I still remember exactly how we did it. She even went as far as making a paper slip that had my name on it, a mini thank-you, and the amount of money owed. We would rubberband that paper with the bundle of cookies. We had the system down pat. (This is making me sound REALLY nerdy, isn't it? It was forever ago, and at least I admit to it! Ha!) Oh and just to top off my nerdy streak here...I remember one year I sold around 400 boxes of cookies and won the top prize in my troop or something. You're proud, aren't you? ;)

This year I was asked by a student in another class at the school I work at, and I'm all about supporting students, of course, as that is the very nature of my job! I bought only two boxes of my favorite kind-Samoas and Trefoils.

A lovely coconut and chocolate creation!


Simple shortbread sweetness!

In so many ways, I cannot believe I just dedicated this post to Girl Scout cookies. I feel like the biggest nerd. However, I love cookies and these cookies are good! And Girl Scouts of America-you're welcome for the plug! ;)

1 comment:

The world is hers said...

Popping over from Kelly's Korner! I love love love Girl Scout cookies, so I'm a nerd too, no worries :)