Thursday, March 4, 2010

American Idol!

Are you into this popular singing talent show?

Back in high school, I watched American Idol regularly with my family. Then, in college, I didn't stay as in tune with the seasons of the show. I'm not a big TV watcher in general, but I do find it fun and relaxing to have a show planned to watch for the evening. (I'm also into Glee and can't wait to see it again next month!) But anyway, I'm really enjoying "getting into" this season's American Idol.

My favorites of the girls are DiDi Banami and Crystal Bowersox. I think they both have natural talent and unique voices. Last night, the judges were so harsh on DiDi and I was so afraid that meant she would be cut tonight, but I'm so glad she wasn't! I felt sorry for her because the judges just didn't have anything nice to say at all and it wasn't as bad as they were making it sound...in my opinion. And of course, I do not have the title of American Idol Judge, but just sayin'. I'm looking forward to hearing her sing again next week! And Crystal is so unique and natural, too. She's her own person and does really well up on stage!

DiDi


Crystal

And my favorite of the guys are Andrew Garcia and Alex Lambert (I think.) Still not completely sure of my most favorites, but these are the two I'm going with for now. Andrew hasn't had the best song choices the last few weeks, but his awesome voice still shines through. Alex is good too and I could totally hear him on the radio someday. The mullet sure is interesting to look at, too! Ha!


Andrew


Alex

During American Idol tonight, Dayna (my roommate and best friend) and I had these for a snack...

They were gone in less than 5 minutes! They were so good! I told one of my students who is currently trying his hardest to show improvement in his behavior at school that if he had a good week, I'd buy him his favorite ice cream treat, and instantly he answered, "Snickers bar." Well, it was just a better idea to buy them in a package at Publix rather than pay $2 for one at the gas station; that's cheaper, right? ;) That's my rationale at least! It's a win-win situation for everyone! Anyway...back in high school when I watched American Idol regularly with my family, the ice cream truck would come by our street on Wednesday evenings, and my sisters and I would always get a sweet treat from our ice cream "lady" and save it until American Idol came on. So, I'm sort-of carrying on that tradition...and in reality, just making a new excuse to eat junk. Who am I kidding? I don't need an excuse! :)

We are one week closer to knowing who our next American Idol is going to be! Can't wait for next week's episodes! Who are your favorites?

No comments: