Thursday, March 25, 2010

Spring Break Eve

It is the night before Spring Break begins!!! I am so ready for this much needed break and I know all teachers are feeling this way! We've had a good week. My class is improving, slowly but surely. I hope the break doesn't go by too fast, which in all reality, I know that it will. I do think that this break will refresh me to finish out the rest of the school year strong for my students-and hopefully it does the same for them (wishful thinking, perhaps?) I do not have any major plans for this Spring Break-but next year, you can bet I will be traveling! I'll be going to Sarasota to visit and spend Easter with my family. Dayna will also come to Sarasota one night to see my sister Keleigh's circus show. It's become tradition. Hopefully, if the weather is nice, I'll be able to spend some time at this beautiful beach soaking up some sun...but with the weather this winter, who knows if I'll be visiting this place in a bathing suit. :)


Siesta Key, FL.

Today after work I went and placed a deposit at the new apartments Dayna and I are moving to when our lease is up at our current apartment. We looked at it a few weeks ago and really liked the atmosphere of the complex and the floorplans suited what we were looking for. You can visit the apartment complex's website here. We're looking forward to the move. The place we are at now has been fine to get us through college, but we feel that as hard-working women, we deserve to live in luxury! Haha, just kidding.

Well, I have plenty of papers to grade since there was a substitute in my class today because 5th grade teachers were in all day planning. So, I'll write some more substantial blog posts during my break. But before I go, I want to leave you with some pictures of me and my class at field day this past Tuesday. It was so much fun!!! The only thing I didn't like is that wearing jeans, a t-shirt and a hat to work on a Tuesday made me feel like it was Friday----for the whole week! Anyway-here we are! (Oh and P.S., I know my height and stature lends me to blend in with my students, but I'm the one in the white hat, sweatshirt and jeans!)


"The girls"


Ms. Kaliher with "The boys"


Ms. Kaliher participating in the limbo line


Our class (2 students absent)

Field Day was absolutely freezing. Fourth week in March. Supposedly Spring. And it was f-r-e-e-z-i-n-g. I would have layered had I known it was going to be so cold. Of course the kids could have cared less what the temperature was-they had a ball!

That's all for now. Spring Break-I'll see you tomorrow!!!

No comments: