Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Long Day

Today was a long day. It was the first day of FCAT testing. For those of you out-of-state readers, FCAT stands for Florida Comprehensive Assessment Test. It's a big and serious day, for both students and teachers. This post would bore you to tears if I completely explained the whole thing, so I'm not going to. Anyway...it was a long day as most days are as a school teacher when your normal schedule is off, even just a little bit. And so it was. I left school by 4:00. Earliest I've left work in the 9 weeks I've been teaching. Testing again tomorrow, and Wednesday...oh yeah, and then again on Tuesday and Wednesday of next week, too!

Long days ahead.

So I leave work at 4:00. I had plans to deposit a check and then head home. Earlier than usual, I was stoked. I could have been home by 4:30, but wasn't home until 5:45. To say that I was frustrated would be an understatement. Nothing about that "going to the bank trip" was easy, whatsoever. I only work in Lakeland, don't live there yet. So when I venture off, I use my GPS to guide me, or so I think it's "guiding me." I type in 'Bank of America' in the GPS, and it takes me to a place that used to be a Bank of America. Thanks, GPS! So, I type in 'Bank of America' again, and it takes me to the one downtown. I drive downtown. Let me mention how terrible the traffic was. Oh, and then the train that literally had traffic backed up for 5 minutes. I'm sorry, but 5 whole minutes for a train is a little long. I just wasn't in the mood to watch a train go by. Sometimes it's cool, but not today. I finally get to the Bank of America downtown-they close at 4. By now, it's 4:30. Out of luck...again. Let's try this one more time. I type in 'Bank of America' (time #3) and it takes me like 7 miles away...but danget, I was depositing that check! (I know other banks that have drive-thru windows are usually open 'til 5..and how ticked I'd have been if I was wrong, but thankfully I wasn't!) So, as I'm following this new route, I need to switch lanes. I have my signal on, but no one wanted to let me in. So I missed the turn and had to make a u-turn up ahead. (Little things like that are usually no big deal...but by this point I was over it!) After that, I finally pull up at the bank's drive-thru and put my check and deposit slip in and literally like 30 seconds later, it's returned to me. That fast. It took an hour to drive around Lakeland traffic and find an open bank-all for a 30 second transaction. Not complaining about the quick transaction, just about the whole long process it took to get it done!

I think I'm rambling at this point. I typically don't like to focus on the little negative things, but...it's just one of those days.

Goodnight!

No comments: