Sunday, March 28, 2010

Weekend Fun

This weekend has been a lot of fun. Dayna and I shopped a lot, went to finalize which apartment we wanted at the complex we're moving to, and began looking at some furniture for our new place. We're not moving until the end of June, but we're just looking at the prices of some things to find the best deal. We really enjoy being roommates and because we're such close friends, we don't mind being honest with the other about what we like and don't like and it works well. We plan on being roommates until husbands come along or if I move out of state for graduate school. Anyway...here is a rundown of our weekend, in sequential order of course.

Friday at school was "Hats Off to Reading" Day! We celebrated by participating in reading activities-all day long! Teachers were encouraged to wear wild and crazy hats, but I don't put myself in the "wild and crazy" category, so I went with a more trendy/not-so-wild kind of hat, and I received a lot of compliments! Here is our class celebrating the day-I'm in the top left; I know I blend in! I'm told that all too often! Ha!


Here is our classroom door. I made book cut-outs and wrote different quotes on them pertaining to reading. During the day, I had students write what they enjoy about reading on their own book cut-out.


And then here is a picture of my classroom. I took this so that I can show my mom what my classroom looks like. She's a teacher too, and so she wants to see what her daughter's first classroom looks like! I have a huge classroom!


Friday night, Dayna and I had planned on going out to dinner at a Chinese restaurant, but to our disappointment this particular place that Dayna wanted to go to is only open from 11:30 a.m.-2:00 p.m. What kind of place, in this economy, can keep their business going when they're open for less than 3 hours a day? Seems rather pointless to me, but apparently not to them! We decided on Olive Garden instead and it was delicious! The waitress we had was a girl probably a few years younger than us and you could totally tell it was like her first night or pretty close to it. She was very nice and friendly, but there were so many awkward moments...where you could just tell she was thinking in her head, "Ok, what am I supposed to say now?" Haha-it was just really obvious. But we were totally patient with her and just went along with it. She'll be a great waitress in time. :)

Saturday was a beautiful day! It was warm, but not too warm, and the sun was shining! We went and laid out by the pool for about an hour and I have a pretty decent sunburn from just one hour. Shows that I haven't been in the sun since October. Ha!

We wanted to go in the sun again today after church, but when we were leaving for church we noticed it was overcast and it was still like that when we got out of church. So we canceled those plans and then I took a nap in the afternoon and slept through some of a storm but then it rained pretty hard for the next few hours! I love naps on Sunday afternoons. :)

Back to Saturday! After the pool, we had our Olive Garden leftovers for lunch and then got cleaned up and went over to Lakeland to get some of the Old Navy cardigans on sale for $15! Here are the two I got:



I'm typically not a huge fan of baby blue on me, but I thought the detail with the beading was pretty and it'll match well with some black dress pants I have. I'm all about building my professional wardrobe nowadays! Translated: Any excuse to shop! :)

We also went to Target. I have a few gift cards to Target and I want to add them together to buy some nice decorative things for my apartment so I just wanted to look around and see what there was. I got some ideas. I also got a shirt there on clearance for $7. Remember that professional wardrobe I'm building? Ha!


Now that summer season is basically here (well, Florida spring usually just means early summer)I decided that I needed a beach towel considering I don't have one of my own! I found this fun colored one at Target. I just love Target (and shopping)!


I also found some of my favorite Easter candy at Target that I've been unable to find until yesterday. So, I bought it too. :)

These are Hershey's Coconut Creme Kisses and they are delish!! They were the favors at my friend Tressie's wedding a few summers ago and I fell in love with them!

Cracker Barrel was our dinner and it's always so good! I always order the grilled chicken tenders with macaroni and cheese off of the kids menu with biscuits too, and my meal is always under $5! Yum!

Today, Sunday was started with a wonderful church service. I really felt the presence of God and just really enjoyed being there. Our pastor challenged us to think about one thing we have that God wants. I'll be thinking of that one thing this week and will surrender it to Him. This week is 'Holy Week' and what a powerful week it is! It is the week that changed us forever! I'll be going to my parent's house on Wednesday to enjoy some Spring Break in Sarasota and Easter with my family.

I bought a frame today at Walmart to frame my diploma. Here's what it looks like.


This weekend was so much fun! Tomorrow Dayna and I are planning on going to some outlet malls near Orlando and also go to Downtown Disney. I'M SO GLAD SPRING BREAK IS HERE!!!

No comments: