Monday, March 15, 2010

Realization

I've come to the realization that I needed a more Spring-ish looking background for my blog...so here it is! I love these three colors together, so welcome to the "new look" at Tales of a 20-something!

Ok, so that's not really the reason this post is entitled "Realization." Lately, I've come to the realization that I'm living in the "real world" now. Finally. Is it really here? I know there will be days, as there may have already been if I can be honest, that I will wish to go back to the college life, or perhaps days even before that. What it would be like to be in the place of my students, sitting in 5th grade again...still living so young and carefree? What would it be like to be in high-school again, just having fun at the Friday night football games, and living in the drama that consumes most teenagers' lives? What would it be like to be a college freshman again, living in a dorm for the first time and doing the most random things ever just because you're a college student and can get away with it? Oh...the memories! However, I find myself completely content at this stage in life. Happy to finally be in the real world. Earning a salary. Having a "day job." Having a classroom and students to call my "own." I've worked hard to earn this new reality that I call my life. And I love it.

I may not be married, or have children, yet-but I'm content. I'm as single as they come (right now), and I'm okay with that. God provided me with a job before I officially had my degree-I have total faith He will bring a guy into my life that will one day become my husband...in His perfect time. I don't need to worry. I need to be content, and I am. I used to think I'd be the young 20-something that was a newlywed...but at this rate, chances are, I'll be over 25 before I walk down the aisle, and again, I'm okay with that. (Because 25 is still young, can I get an Amen?) God plans different paths for each of our lives, and I'm thankful He has a custom-made plan for me, too. I believe that someday when I am married, I'll see how this time of "singleness" was part of God's perfect plan for my life.

I'm so thankful to have a feeling of contentment in my life, and my prayer is that I will always (or most always-I'm human!) carry this feeling of contentment deep inside my heart.

"Those who know your name will trust in you, for you, LORD, have never forsaken those who seek you." Psalm 9:10

No comments: