Sunday, March 14, 2010

Spring Forward!

It's that time of year again to turn our clocks ahead one hour to welcome the season of Spring!


I must admit(although I love winter)that I'm ready for spring to be here. Normally, Florida winters are extremely mild, but this winter has been different than the norm! It's been a cold few months here lately, and believe it or not, I'm ready for Spring. I like when it stays lighter longer...and it means summer is close! I just like this time of year. But, I never like losing an hour of sleep. Who does?

This weekend has been low-key so far. FCAT testing is an exhausting week, and I'm not sure why considering teachers aren't taking the test and really, the students should be the ones exhausted (which I'm sure they are!) but all of the teachers are just as exhausted! I think it must be walking on our feet during the whole testing time and doing nothing but circulating the classroom until time is called. Up one row of desks, down the next...over and over and over again! Thankfully, there are only two more days of testing this week and then it's over for this school year! Our school sure is anxious to see our improvements!

Last night Dayna and I went to good 'ole Frostbite in Frostproof. Great little restaurant for a quick dinner! Today, I slept in for a good while, got up, ate some waffles, and then went back to sleep for another hour and a half. Lazy? Some would say. But...what did I really need to be awake for today? Grading papers could surely wait! I had planned on creating a unit for my students to learn about the Census since 2010 is a census year and there are a lot of fun things we could do with that in 5th grade...but that will take motivation to do. Maybe tomorrow!

Today Dayna and I went to the Lake Wales lake and "explored." Today was a beautiful day here in Florida! We saw a gator...I think they're so intriguing! Then we went to Big Lots to look around...we truly are living the life in Lake Wales, FL! Ha! Then we went to KFC for dinner. I ate more biscuits than I should have. ;)

I really do need to get some school stuff done this weekend, so hopefully that will be done tomorrow. I need a productive day, but I also needed a day like today...a day to chill!

1 comment:

A Wedding Story said...

Hi! I just now noticed that you left me a message on my Teach Along With Me blog! Sorry for just getting back to you! The science planets links were intended for a 4th grade lesson plan. I started this blog for a class assignment so I don't check it very often so I apologize! Have a great week!