Saturday, February 27, 2010

A Day With My Mom

Today I came "home" to Sarasota to visit my family. I haven't been home since Christmas. My mom and I basically spent the whole day together, and had a nice time. I treated her to what we did, because I can now. I liked that. My mom has treated me to many lunches and pedicures...and I'm glad I'm now able to return the favor.

We started off going to my favorite consignment shop, Laura Jeans. It's a great place to shop-and the clothes, in no way, look used. I got a skirt and a long-sleeved sweater. All for $25. After that, we went right next store to Jersey Mike's-my favorite sub shop! It was so good, as usual!

When I got home, my mom gave me a card from a longtime friend, Suzy. I've known Suzy since I was in 5th grade. Wonderful family and over the years, she has become really great friends with my mom. I used to work under her husband at a hotel during home-from-college summers. Anyway, she had given me a $40 gift certificate to a teacher store, The Learning Depot, here in Sarasota. So after lunch, my mom and I went there. I found some good and useful things for my classroom...and thought I'd spend right around the $40 mark. Well, at the checkout counter, my mom reminded me that I get a 20% discount with my teacher ID which I had with me, so my total only came to $17! I was thrilled. That means I get to go back and spend again! :)

One of my mom's good teacher friends recently had a baby, and so we stopped by her house so that I could meet him. His name is Braxton and he's precious! I absolutely love newborns, and babies in general, so I was in my glory holding him! I can't wait to be a mom...someday! After that visit, it was time for our pedicures. It was so relaxing and my mom and I were the only two people in the salon! At 7:30, we were headed to one of my mom's student's houses for a candle/purse/jewelry party so before we went, we picked up some Panera for my dad so that he could have dinner, because, you know...my dad couldn't possibly take his own car through a drive-thru or somewhere and pick up his own dinner. Too complicated. Panera it was and then we went to the party.

Now I'm just home relaxing and my sister Korinne is hinting she wants a milkshake. Funny thing is, I know exactly what she's doing and where she wants it from. I think I'll endulge her. That's what older sisters are supposed to do when they're visiting, right?

Ok....well truth is, I wouldn't mind a milkshake either. Ha! You know where I'm off to! :)

No comments: