Saturday, February 6, 2010

Show Us Your Life-Beauty Tips!

This is my first blog post participating in Kelly's Korner, "Show Us Your Life." This week Kelly is hosting Beauty Tips and Favorite Products. I wear make-up and take a straightener to my hair daily, but by no means am I a hair/make-up guru. In fact, I've always said my poor (future) daughter is going to be unfortunate because I won't be able to do her hair in cute girly styles because I'm awful at doing hair. Awful.

Over the past few years, I have found a make-up style that works well for me. I'm not someone who likes to look too un-natural with make-up on. In other words, I don't Barbie myself up. Just enough make-up to enhance my eyes and face is about all I need. I'm girly and I like wearing make-up, I just don't go "all-out" on it. I use a variety of make-up brands to make my signature look, but a lot of it is Clinique. Here is what I use:

I use the navy color shadow on the right for the accent color on my eyes.


Underneath the navy accent, I just use a neutral beige and brown from Clinique.


I love this stuff. Mascara Primer. I believe it really does help enhance the regular mascara I wear. It gives my eyelashes that extra lift! I'm fortunate though to have natural long eyelashes! ;)


I have used Clinique mascara for basically as long as I have been allowed to wear make-up. My mom was very strict with the age I could finally start wearing make-up...I was in 7th grade. I love Clinique mascara!


I use Cover Girl brown eyeliner. I do my eyeliner about 1/2 of the way on both my top and bottom of my eye. I'm not crazy about thick eyeliner that covers the whole area of the eye. It's just not me. I also use a smudger to smudge my eyeliner so that the line isn't too thin or rigid, if that makes sense. It tones it down a bit which I like.


I love this foundation! It's not like cake at all. It goes on smoothly and feels weightless. I apply it with a brush. It gives a matte look.

One of the best things about using Clinique is their bonuses. They are so good! All you have to do is spend at least $20 on products and you receive a bonus which includes a cute cosmetic bag and many useful make-up products. I rarely buy mascara or make-up remover because I have accumulated so many travel sizes from the bonuses! It really is a great deal, I think! I have the set below and use the big bag for toiletries when I travel and I use the medium-sized bag to hold jewelry when traveling.


As for hair. I use a straightner and a hairbrush. And there you have my hair story. It's that simple. Ha! Especially when you have fine, soft, but thick hair that doesn't work well with its owner. My hair is difficult. I have a LOT of it, but it's so fine that it doesn't stay up well for fun hairstyles. I know there are a ton of hair products out there that might do the trick, but I'm just not hair talented. I don't have the creativity all those fun hairstyles require. Some days I may throw in a bobby pin or two and do something with the front of my hair to bring it off my face, but that's about as fancy as it gets, most of the time! I do wish I was hair talented so that I could do something different everyday, but I'm 23 and have accepted the fact that hair is not my specialty!

Well, there you have it. Everything you ever needed to know about my make-up and hair!

1 comment:

A Wedding Story said...

I love Clinique products. They are so classic!