Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Out of the Mouths of Teachers

”OutOfTheMouthsOfMoms”

MckMama has a new blog carnival called Out of the Mouths of Moms but she said teachers can participate too! ;) The purpose of this carnival is for moms, teachers, grandparents, aunts, uncles, etc. to share the funny and sarcastic remarks they say to children. Well, I don't have any children that I claim, but I basically do have 14 5th graders, ha! Here's a look into things I've said the past few days as a teacher...

"Don't think you're going to refuse to do an assignment and then sit and talk to your neighbor. I don't think so!"

"Yes, I'll take your necklace/chain and the piece of notebook paper you're turning into an airplane so that you'll be less distracted."

"I know you don't like uniforms and having to keep your shirt tucked in, but it's a school rule and you'll have to get over it."

"If those silly bands don't stay on your wrist, they'll find a place to stay in the garbage."

"What are you here to do? Yes, learn. Not to play with jewelry and chains and definitely not to act like a gangsta with your hood halfway up your head."

I think that's about all I can remember for the past few days! Until next time...

No comments: