Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Packing, Packing, Packing

Today I was in a Grades 3-5 Math workshop from 8:30-2:30. Wasn't too bad at all, much better than the workshop I went to on Monday; better presenter. I had to do a lot of thinking in geometry though, which is something I don't enjoy. I'm more of an algebra person when it comes to math. Tomorrow is Day 2 of the training and we will be given some manipulatives to use in our classroom. Yay! Teachers LOVE free stuff! The other 5th grade teachers I work with were also there and we had a yummy lunch at a place called Palace Pizza. I had never been there before and it was really good! When you go inside, you stand at the counter and look at a menu to order and then all the food is already made, you just tell them what you want and they warm it up and then you have it in less than 5 minutes! I have half of my calzone leftover in the fridge...yum! I love calzones! I think I am going to find a recipe for them and make them this summer!



Then when I got home...the packing became serious. I'm leaving Sunday for a teacher conference down in Ft. Myers and won't be back until Tuesday afternoon and we move Wednesday! So, I've got a lot to do between now and the time I leave on Sunday. My roommate, Dayna, was starting to get anxious that it wasn't all going to get done and didn't feel like we were getting anywhere. The apartment really didn't look like we had packed much but it looked (and still looks) messy which is driving us absolutely crazy!






I've been doing a lot though in my short summer break so far. I've gotten rid of a TON of stuff. Everything I accumulated while in college, including notebook, after notebook, after notebook and all the other random "stuff" that was serving no purpose has been donated to the thrift store or the dumpster, whichever place it was best suited for. :) The notebooks below are the ONLY college notebooks I have decided to keep. They're all mainly my methods courses which contain lots of resources that would be useful as a teacher now! Inevitably, these too, I will someday part with.

It was weird throwing away 4 years worth of college assignments that I worked so hard on away in the garbage! But the most important thing I have from college comes in the form of a single paper:

...and that is ALL I need. Ha!

It feels SO good to be free of so so so so so so much stuff. I mean it really was a lot that I am free of now! I also collected all of my bank statements and credit card statements and other bills, etc., that had just piled up and had them shredded so that is another relief. That, too, was a HUGE pile. This move feels so refreshing already. We have already taken down our table in our ever-so-small dining room to make room for all of the boxes. We really are getting somewhere. Kitchen will have to wait until right before we head out this weekend, but that will require lots of boxes. I'm thankful to have my parents coming the night before our move to help us the next morning load the truck and finish our last minute things. Only 5 more nights at this apartment since 2 of those nights will be in a hotel this coming week! Yeah! Well, I'm sure I'll blog more on moving later! Now it's time for a Wendy's frosty...yum! :)

No comments: