Saturday, May 8, 2010

Virginia Trip-lots of pictures!

I have been meaning to create this post for a while now, but just have not had time to do it!

A few weeks ago, I went to Virginia for my cousin Chloe's First Communion. I am her Godmother, and so it was important to me to be there to support her on her special day. Although I am no longer Catholic, I still will support Chloe in her religious upbringing. Plus, that girl means a lot to me!

I was able to bring Dayna with me which made the whole trip experience a lot more fun! She had some major assignments to work on before she graduated, so the condition of her going was that I'd help her do them and we were successful! I took a half day off of work on Friday and then the whole day off on that Monday. It's nice being a teacher and having paid personal days! Ha! Anyway, here are pictures of our trip!


Just arrived in Virginia! So excited to see the season of Spring...and Spring we saw!


Chloe in front of the fireplace at Cracker Barrel




Carson and Chloe at Camp Creek's beautiful river. Dayna and I took the kids to the river and had so much fun!


Dayna LOVES rivers! They're so beautiful!


Me and Chloe enjoying the river!


She loves to pose!




Beautiful!!


Love this pic! Amazing Friends!


She sat down in this spot all on her own and said, "Kaitlin, take my picture!"


Making use out of nature!


These two kids had so much fun! So did we!


After we left Camp Creek, we stopped and got icees. Here is Carson with his icee!


Chloe with her icee!


My cotton candy icee! Cotton candy and bubble gum are the only kind of icees I ever get, I just love them! Dayna was asleep in the car during our icee experience.


Chloe's First Communion Day!




Such a sweet girl! This was my sister Keleigh's First Communion Dress.


Chloe and her Godmother :)


Dayna and I went shopping and exploring that afternoon and I wanted a picture with the mountains in the background..I LOVE mountains!


I got Chloe a Bible as a gift-developmentally appropriate for a 2nd grader-that's the teacher in me!


I am fascinated by how green everything is up north...so much more beautiful than Florida!


Beautiful colors of spring flowers everywhere!!! I have been so deprived of this beauty having lived in Florida my entire life!


Chloe lost her front tooth playing soccer in the yard! Tooth was never found, but with a special note to the tooth fairy explaining the situation, money was still delivered!


Dayna with Pumpkin




Reading to Chloe from her new Bible.


Some fun glasses we found in a gift shop...I wish I would have bought the pair I have on and incorporated them into my teaching somehow!


Watching planes land before heading home!

You may not even be reading anymore considering the large amount of pictures in this post...but if you are, I hope you enjoyed seeing a glimpse of my recent trip to VA!

No comments: