Thursday, May 13, 2010

Kelly's Korner- Favorite Books/Children's Books

Show Us Your Life with Kelly's Korner

This week at Kelly's Korner, bloggers are invited to share their favorite books and/or children's books. I love to read when I have the time...which is usually during the summer! Over the past few summers I have read some amazing books! Now recently, as a teacher, I'm able to read some of my favorite children's books which is fun!

#1. Redeeming Love. This is the first book I ever read by Francine Rivers, which then inspired me to read several of her other books which are all just as good! I love this book. Read it a few years ago and it is absolutely amazing. If you have never read it, I highly recommend this one!


#2. The Atonement Child. Oh my gosh...such an awesome book! I've read this twice and love it!! It's got a powerful message.


#3. The Scarlet Thread. Just another great one by Francine Rivers.


#4. Leota's Garden. Yes, Francine Rivers is my favorite author! I'd love to buy a new one of her books soon, it's been a while.


#5. Stolen Innocence. This was a book that, while shopping at Target one night, I just randomly picked it up off of the shelf and decided I wanted to read it. It was a very interesting book and while reading it I was just so frustrated with some of the behaviors of these people. Ugh! Good read, though!


#6. Witness. I read this book a few summers ago and although it wasn't a terribly thick book, I finished it within 2 days. I remember watching the Laci Petersen case and so it was interesting to read Amber Frey's account. Glad she turned him in!


And now onto children's books....

#7. Mr. Gumpy's Outing. Looooooved this book as a child. I remember my mom reading it to me and I always liked the part about all of the animals getting into the boat.


#8. Rumplestiltskin. I actually just read this book with my students not too long ago. The cover in this picture isn't the cover I had on the book when I was little. But anyway, good book!


#9. Goodnight Moon. I have loved loved loved this book from a very young age. My mom has told me that I knew all of the words to it and I would whisper the "hush" part. This will definitely be a book I plan on reading to my own children someday.


Speaking of Goodnight, that's what I need to be doing. Tomorrow is Friday!!! :)

3 comments:

The Jennings said...

I am obviously not a reader...only heard of the children's books you listed. Ha! If I ever have time to read a book, I will remember your recommendations!

Gretchan

The Sweet Life said...

Redeeming Love has been on many blogs I have read through today from Show Us Your Life. I am definitely going to have to read it.

Shoshanah said...

I randomly picked up Stolen Innocence because it was on sale, and I was surprised how my I enjoyed reading the book. (Not necessarily enjoyed the story.) I know there's a few other books similar to it, and I'm thinking I should try to read those as well.