Friday, May 21, 2010

Show Us Your Life-Hometown!

Today at Kelly's Korner, is her usual Show Us Your Life blog carnival and the theme is hometowns. Well, although I don't live in Sarasota anymore, that is technically my hometown, where I'm from. Enjoy the debut of Sarasota, FL...home of one of the most beautiful beaches ever, Siesta Key!

Sarasota is located on the west coast of Florida. Some of its beautiful beaches include Siesta Key, Lido Key, and Longboat Key. It caters to many who like a beach lifestyle and who enjoy water recreation. Sarasota is also very artsy and houses the Ringling School of Art and Design. Anyway...let me get on with the pictures!


There is a dolphin in this picture! Look close!


This picture quality is poor, but I actually worked at this hotel for 2 summers while I was in college!


This is just beautiful! That bridge is probably 6 years old now, when it opened, the marching band I was in during high school marched on the bridge for its opening!


This is Marina Jacks. A small island you can walk on and look at boats, walk your dog, take children to play, go on a date, etc. In fact, my first boyfriend asked me out here over 8 years ago! It's a very pretty place! These dolphins are at the point of the island.


This is the Ca'D'Zan, a fancy and historic place on the water that many people have wedding receptions at or a nice place to take pictures.

If you've never visited Sarasota-you must visit the beaches there! Ask me if you have questions about places to go! Born and raised in this town! :)

2 comments:

Jill said...

I LOVE Sarasota. If I ever have any questions I am going to save your blog.... thanks!!!

Steph said...

Hi there! Newest follower from Kelly's Korner :)

I live in Orlando...never been to Sarasota, but it looks beautiful!

http://goobergrapemonkeyman.blogspto.com