Sunday, May 23, 2010

A Lazy Saturday

Today has been lazy and quite frankly, I'm not ashamed! I have slept off and on all day today. I'm not an early riser, but now that I work full-time as a teacher, I don't have a choice but to rise early. I can't wait to sleep in during the summer...so close!

There's been a lot going on with my current car situation (which I'll write about later) and today I was going to try another dealership but they've not gotten the approval they need yet, so I didn't go over there today. It just wasn't worth the drive to Tampa. I was glad though because I spent 9 1/2 hours at Lakeland Toyota last Saturday (not an exaggeration!) and I felt like I had no weekend because of it. Turned out to be a huge waste of time anyway. So...once I get the approval I need from this dealership, I'll make the trek over there to do some negotiating and hopefully drive away in a new car so that I can finally stop putting more miles on my Honda which has already reached it's maximum mileage for a lease-3 weeks ago.

I might add, I absolutely hate car dealing.

So anyway, although today has been rather lazy, it's not like I don't have anything I should be doing. Where shall I begin? My students have been working on making a book for our school-wide Young Author's Conference this coming Friday and I have to finish the typing of their books since they're only beginning typers and weren't able to finish in class. 14 books to type and although I'm a fast typer, that will still take some time! Their books still have to be illustrated, and I'm at a training on Tuesday and in all-day planning on Wednesday, so I won't get to keep up with my students' progress on their books which is just frustrating. So..me being out of the classroom for 2 days means writing 2 days worth of sub plans. I can't even tell you how much I despise doing those! Oh, and on Monday, I have writing training from 4-7, so that ties up my afternoon in which I would normally spend writing sub plans...so that means that these sub plans need to be written before Monday, so that I can leave them on my desk before I head to training on Monday afternoon. Hopefully Thursday when I'm back with my students, I can prepare them for the big day on Friday and decorate our room for our visitors, etc. I also have plenty of papers to grade this weekend so I can enter grades. So much work, I feel like I'm in college again! When I get stressed though, I remind myself that I do love being a teacher and how blessed I am to have a job. Seriously!

Dayna and I went to these two places tonight just to get out!

Chips, Hamburger, and paradise pie! So good!


Butter, milk, paper and ribbon to make invitations to end-of-year party for my students, cheesesticks, shampoo and conditioner

Moving day from boring Lake Wales to bigger and better Lakeland is getting closer! This move also means moving from a small, old, unsafe, and poor resident treatment apartment complex to an up-to-date, safe, resort-like, bigger and more friendly apartment complex! I am so excited! (I don't mean any offense to my friends who live in Lake Wales, but Lakeland is much more similar to the town I grew up in and that's where I work!)

I've enjoyed this lazy Saturday, but tomorrow, unfortunately will not be as lazy. Oh I sound pathetic!

No comments: