Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Favorite iPhone apps

I have had my iPhone since November. Essentially, it was my 25th birthday present to myself, haha! I absolutely love my phone! It's reliable and also a good source of fun when the need to cure boredom arises! It's the fanciest gadget I've ever had! Ha!
{On second thought, is fanciest a word? Oh well, it's staying.}

So today I thought I would share some of my favorite iPhone apps! My new favorite app and most recent is the 3intials Monogram app! I found it over at a new blog I'm following, Something Beautiful. It's girly and fun- if you're into monograms. Here's my current lock screen photo- made with special thought to the colors that coordinate with the month we begin tomorrow--February!


I also love Instagram! It's one of the first apps I downloaded. It's fun to be able to add some simple flare to regular ole' pics!

The Grocery List app is really helpful! Whenever I think of something I need, I just add into the list stored in my iPhone! I currently have my lists organized into three lists: Publix, Walmart and "Special." Under "Special," I might include gifts I need to buy, or things I'm saving for, etc.


Words With Friends is a daily play for me. I have always loved Scrabble in true nerd fashion, and Words With Friends is perfect for a word fanatic like me! Here's my current game between me and my roommate/best friend, Dayna. Please note my score. :)
(There are only a few things in life I'm competitive in, THIS is one.)


The Ledger is good for my news-junkie self! This is my town's newspaper and I love that they have an app so that I can check in on the crazy criminals that did something stupid again what's happening!


Diptic is another fun photo app. With this app, you can put a few photos into a collage. You choose the layout, background color, shape of the photo edges, etc.

Here's a collage I made using Diptic. The pictures are small, but you get the idea.


This Dinner Spinner app has had me looking forward to cooking. Seriously. If you know me well, cooking isn't exactly something I enjoy or choose to do often. Part of that is being single and it's easiest just to go out to eat with friends or pick something up. No husband or children to care whether or not I put dinner on the table. (YET!) :) So, this Dinner Spinner can literally "spin" if you shake your phone and it will land on three different categories- the type of meal, the meat of your preference, and the timeframe it takes to cook it. I usually don't "spin" it, as this picky girl might be out of luck if it were to land on types, "casserole, fish, 2 hours prep time." So...I usually manually spin and find whatever I'm looking for. I've made 2 recipes from here so far! (Haha, you were probably thinking I had made like 20 meals the way I've "raved" about it, huh?)


There are certainly more apps on my phone than these, but I thought I'd list some of my favorite right now. Maybe I'll be back again with more reviews of my favorite apps!

What are your favorite apps?!

No comments: