Monday, January 30, 2012

Miscellany Monday

Today I'm linking up with Carissa over at lowercase letters.



lowercase letters
{I'm using this button to link up because the Miscellany Monday button is not working.}

That means I'm writing random, or, miscellaneously. Is that a word? Here goes:

1)All of a sudden this afternoon, I had an urge for bubble gum. Weird, right? Or is it normal for women in their mid-twenties to crave bubble gum? Anyway, I ran into the nearest grocery store on my way home from work just to get some. I may justify my ridiculousness by using some of this bubble gum as an incentive for good behavior with my students. Or I might not.


2)My second stop on my way home from work was Five Guys. I was in the mood for one of their delicious burgers! I also love getting some peanuts to snack on while I'm there. My dad and I are alike in our love for peanuts! Mmmm salty!


3)Over the weekend while visiting at a friend's, I noticed this old-school beauty. In my nostalgic ways, I looked at this blender rather fondly, remembering many a time when my dad made me a chocolate milkshake in a blender much similar to this one in the early 90s. Sweet memories, both literally and figuratively. :)


4)Payday! The teachers in the county I work in have not been paid since Decemeber 16th. Yes, you read that right. It's been a month and a half since our last paycheck, and for me- with that last paycheck, I went on a road trip to NC and also did Christmas-gift shopping...so needless today, this month's paycheck has been much anticipated in order to restore the feeling of financial security. Ha!

5)Winner! Last week was "Celebrate Literacy Week" and many schools took the opportunity to celebrate with various activities. One of the things our school participated in was a Door Decorating Contest. I love projects like this-nerdy as it may be. So, being a 5th grade teacher, I wanted to choose something that was relevant to my students at their current age. Well, they're crazy over Diary of a Wimpy Kid. So, that's what we did and we won in our grade level! It's of course all in fun, whether we "win" or "lose."

I did the painting part of the "Diary of a Wimpy Kid" letters and also handwrote the text. But the kids did everything else! They made the cheese (the funniest part of the book apparently?) and all of the cartoon characters! Which that's a good thing because this teacher sure isn't even close to an artist!


I think that wraps up my "Miscellany Monday!" Go visit Carissa's blog to join in on the fun or to read others' miscellaneous happenings on this last Monday in January! a.k.a the longest month of the year!

1 comment:

Megan Gillesby @ something beautiful said...

love your old school blender... so vintage and cute! such a great blog! going to start following you!

with love,
meg

follow me @ http://somethingbeautifultheblog.blogspot.com/