Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Rollerblading and a Tradition

Sunday night Dayna and I went rollerblading at a park near our apartment. I had finished doing my usual Sunday laundry and just felt like going outside since it was so beautiful out. I absolutely love that time of night when the sun is low and bright and sunset is near.

The sidewalks had been newly paved, the weather was perfect, and it felt good to exercise!



I remember the first time I ever got rollerblades, I was in elementary school. They were a Christmas gift from Santa and my brother got a pair too. We spent that entire Christmas morning devoted to learning the art of rollerblading on the big lanai at our old house. I vividly remember what those rollerblades looked like. Good, fun memories!

...switching gears now.

Last night Dayna and I met Whitney and Lauren for dinner. We met halfway in Bartow at Fred's. We're keeping up with our tradition of getting together once a month (wouldn't mind more!) to catch up and share a few laughs. I look forward to getting together with these girls SO much! It's so refreshing!!

As we were leaving the restuarant, Lauren showed us her keys to her brand new CRV! Yay, Lauren!


Whitney and Dayna checkin' out Lauren's new ride!


My favorite phrase of the entire night, courtesy of Whitney, "flashing sash." HA!
We had a fun evening enjoying each other's company and catching up, so much so that we might take a little girls' vacation this summer! :)

I'm thankful January is nearing its end. January has always felt like the longest month of the year to me. It just seems to go by so slowly. It doesn't help that it still feels like August here! I think at this point, it doesn't even make sense to say we're going to have a "late" winter. I think the more appropriate term would be "non-existent" winter for this year. A few cold days doesn't cut it!

As requested by a loyal blog reader, Dayna's snippet of wisdom for today....
"Take a day off once in a while. It feels great."
(She took today off to go to the dentist and get other things done.)

No comments: