Saturday, October 1, 2011

It's October!

My favorite month has arrived! I love, love, love the month of October. It actually has nothing to do with the fact that it's my birthday month, I just love this month!

It's the month where it might actually drop below 90 degrees here in Florida. The evenings are cool and you can open up the windows. The time will soon change, clocks will be set back and it'll get dark earlier. A sure sign that fall is here!

I like the anticipation of Thanksgiving and Christmas being right around the corner. Before the big holidays, we get to enjoy pumpkin patches, the smell of spice candles, the taste of pumpkin chocolate chip muffins (baked fresh by me today!), carving pumpkins and cooler temperatures.

Some point during this past week, I decided that I was going to buy all of the ingredients I needed to make pumpkin chocolate chip muffins. I told myself I was going to sleep in on Saturday, bake, and work on school stuff. So last night after going out to dinner with a group of teachers, I went to Walmart and stocked up. Now, I have approximately 30 pumpkin chocolate chip muffins sitting in my kitchen that taste delicious! They're made with pumpkin, not like a spice cake mix. It's the real deal! So good!

Tonight, Audra and Jessica hosted a little fall party. It was fun as always!

Audra, Michelle H., Michelle M., me, Dayna and Jessica
(We're all holding something "fallish" in this pic- an idea inspired by Audra.)

Michelle (second from the left) and I both are turning 25 this month, on the same day! She's just a few hours older than me. It's fun to have a friend who shares my birthday. We're going to try and plan something fun for our milestone birthday this year! Only a few weeks away!

So glad October is here!

No comments: