Sunday, October 23, 2011

25

On Friday, October 21st, I turned 25! I personally think it's crazy and it's starting to make me feel old! Especially considering my dad was 25 when I was born, and my parents had already been married for two years! Nonetheless, I am officially 25 years old! I can rent a car now and am keeping my fingers crossed that my car insurance rate will lower now, too! :)

I worked on Friday of course, but it really is fun to have your birthday on a weekday when you're a teacher. The kids make it such a big deal which makes you feel loved and special! They give the best they have- a homemade card or trinket- and they give it with a great big heart and smile on their face. How can you not be touched? Even though they may have said the exact same thing to their teacher last year, it still makes you feel like a million dollars. :)

I teach 5th grade, so I planned on letting the kids' know my age by solving it in some type of Math equation. So I asked them what a century was. Then, I told them I was 1/4 century old. My class is bright this year- so it didn't take them long to say, "You're 25!" Some of them cheated and saw candles on my desk, a 2 and a 5 candle, from my friend Jessica who had generously made me a cake!

After work, Dayna, Jessica, Audra and I headed to Brandon to go to the Cheesecake Factory. My family was meeting us there from Sarasota too. I was grateful that everyone could come!






After working all week, mixed in with a Parent Night, and a 45 minute principal observation on Thursday, I was exhausted. My birthday celebrations for my actual birthday ended with dinner. By the time dinner was over anyway, most places were closed. My friends assured me, however, that I needed to get a good night's sleep anyway because the next day they had things planned. It was all a surprise!

Saturday I was able to sleep in which I always love! Dayna and I headed to pick up Audra and Jessica at their apartment to begin the day. When we pulled out of their complex, Jessica said, "Are you ready for a day of 25 things you get to do?" I had to sign a waiver stating that I would participate in all activities without asking questions.

Part 2 to come!

No comments: