Sunday, October 9, 2011

My Shutterfly Book

When I bought my new laptop back in April, with the purchase I received an offer from Shutterfly for a free, hardcover 8x8 photo book. I was excited because I love projects like these and I had never made one before! Oh, and it was free! Who doesn't love that?

I had six months in which to redeem the offer before it expired but at first struggled to decide which pictures I would include in the book. If you know me, you know I'm a perfectionist when it comes to things like this, and I also like things to be coordinated. This shutterfly book was no different. The pictures that were to be in this book had to be in relation to each other in some way.

While I was in Alabama this summer, I realized how this year, I had visited four new places: Keystone, CO, then Alabama, and then Cozumel and the Grand Cayman Islands on the cruise. There was the coordination I needed- the photo book would have pictures of my different trips.

Here's the finished product that I received in the mail a few weeks ago, just days after ordering it online! (I didn't take a picture of all the pages, but there are 20pages in all!)

Both the front cover and back cover are pictures of the sunset I took while on the cruise!






After each trip's section in the book, I wrote a little re-cap. On this specific page, the background picture is an actual picture I took of Alabama's beautiful scenery.





It took about a month to work on this, but I didn't work on it every day. You have to be selective about which pictures to use and there are so many different layouts to choose from, in addition to fonts, graphics, etc. It makes it hard for perfectionists like me to do a project like this quickly!

Shutterfly is so user-friendly and the books really do turn out in great quality! I would certainly recommend making one-I bet they make really nice gifts, too! I am looking forward to finding a reason to make another photo book soon!

No comments: