Tuesday, October 25, 2011

A Post of Random-ness

It's Tuesday evening already. Yesterday was a teacher work-day, so in some ways, today feels like Monday...the beginning of the week with students, at least.
There is this week, plus the next three weeks, until our week-long Thanksgiving Break. Looking forward to that.

I have a post saved in my drafts of my birthday which was Friday, but the darn Blogger photo uploader thinks it's a good idea to take a million years to upload one photo, so needless to say, it could take me a million years to finish that post. Posts really are so much less interesting when there are no pictures to accompany.

I love watching the News. It's something I look forward to in the evenings- the 10:00 news show. I guess I just like to hear what's happening locally and also abroad. It keeps me feeling nerdy updated. I don't know why I felt the need to blog this- but remember the title of this post is "A Post of Random-ness." Maybe that explains it?

Speaking of the news, which I'm watching as I type this, Lindsay Lohan just needs to be taken out of Hollywood fame. She and her family are always getting in trouble for something! What happened to the innocent red-head who starred in The Parent Trap?

I enjoyed a wonderful dinner last night with three of my college friends- Lauren, Whitney and Dayna. I laughed harder than I have in a long time! Between Dayna sharing dating-gone-bad stories, Lauren recalling freshman-year-of-college-memories, and Whitney sharing how-to-embarrass-yourself stories, we all laughed a good amount! We made a pact to try and get together monthly for dinner which I am not complaining about! I love these girls so much! (It should be noted that I did attempt to take pictures at the restaurant, but my camera battery was dead.)

I signed myself up to be the Secretary of my school's PTO tonight. We have a volunteer starting this organization at the school I work at and I feel that it's necessary in building a positive school climate. I believe that in establishing this PTO, our students will gain a more positive outlook on our school due to some of the new things they will be able to be a part of!

Grades are due on Friday. My school's BIG Department of Education State Review is Thursday (translated: the "higher-ups" from the Florida D.O.E. will be walking around our campus all day Thursday visiting all classrooms to make sure everything is happening like it should.) It's only a lot little nervewracking. It's a big week for us. I'm still trying to learn that if I grade papers as soon as I collect them, they won't all stack up at the end of the grading period. But....I just abhor grading writing. Absolutely abhor.

So- I've already mentioned how I think blog posts without pictures are boring. But I also mentioned that Blogger is being difficult. So, I'm going to end my post of random-ness

HERE.

No comments: