Friday, February 4, 2011

My Week!

It's Friday again! So glad! Aren't you?

Today seemed to be a pretty good day-my students weren't too crazy which is always appreciated! They had some rough days earlier this week, so it was about time they got their act together! It's never a dull moment. Never.

Yesterday after work, Dayna and I met up with our teacher friends Audra and Jessica to play tennis. Before we played, we met at Panera Bread for dinner-yum! It was so relaxing to sit and talk for a while! We didn't play an official game of tennis, it was all in fun. We did a lot of running after balls and watching them fly over the fence. That happened multiple times. :) I'm not competitive at all and sports, in my opinion, are meant to just be fun! We at least got some exercise and definitely had fun! (Would have taken pictures....but, you guessed it! No personal laptop yet! Hopefully after I get my tax return!)

Tonight, the same group had planned to go to downtown Lakeland's "First Friday" for dinner and to walk around. As we drove to find a parking spot, we knew it was going to be a long wait anywhere we went to eat downtown. So we made the decision to go to Red Elephant instead and it was so good! I love their boiled peanuts!! After dinner, we headed back downtown, got out, walked around and realized it wasn't for us. First Friday was featuring motorcylsists tonight-and it wasn't quite our crowd to hang out in. Ha! It was also nearing 10:00, so the shady people were making their way out about that time (afterall, aren't most downtown areas home of the shady people at dark)? We walked back to the car and decided we'd try again at the next First Friday. Maybe that one will be a bit more "family friendly." :)

I know I've said it before, but I consider myself BLESSED to have such a great group of true, genuine friends who share similiar passions and careers! We're all at the same stage of life and it just makes it so easy to relate. We can relate on the highs and lows this stage of life brings. I love it! I am so thankful to have met such a great group of friends upon moving here over the summer. I feel like I've known them much longer than a year!

I expect this weekend to be lowkey and to get some work done. I definitely don't need to be out shopping, as I'm trying to save for my trip to Colorado. However, my brother and sister both have a birthday this month so if I get bored, I guess I could always go shopping for their gifts!

What's a weekend without a little bit of shopping, anyway? :)

2 comments:

Katie said...

Kaitlin ~ Hi! You will love Keystone! It's one of my favorites. ; )

If I were you...I would rent skis, poles, and boots there. I would take the rest! Unless you want to buy a ski coat and pants there. Actually, you can buy everything there it will just be more expensive.

I ski with thermals, socks (of course!) ski pants, a few layers on top, a ski jacket, a neck warmer, ear warmers, and goggles (or sunglasses).

Hope this helps!

PS. I have a masters in counseling. I would love to be a school counselor someday...maybe when the boys are older. ; )

Katie said...

Kaitlin ~

Hello again! I love all the hearts on your blog. So sweet.

I'm happy to answer any questions, sometimes it just take me awhile. ; )

I love Keystone! It's wonderful. I grew up going, but it has changed a lot over the years. ; )

I would definitely snow tube and go snow mobiling. I have never done those things there, but loved snow mobiling at Snowmass.

On what else to do there, we are usually so exhausted after a day of skiing, we soak in the hot tub and relax!

My masters is in school counseling. In my program the school counseling masters was only a few different classes from agency counseling.

It was very challenging, and the LORD used it to change my heart in many ways. I met some amazing people along the way, too.

Thank you for your encouraging words!