Friday, February 25, 2011

Miss Sarasota!

Wednesday night, I drove down to Sarasota to see my sister, Keleigh, participate in her high school's (also my alma mater) senior "pageant," Miss Sarasota. If I remember correctly, when I was a senior, they only had "Mr. Sarasota." Anyway...my sister WON the title of Miss Sarasota out of 16 girls! My entire family is SO proud of her courage as we know it took a lot for her to do that in front of her peers!
My family with "Miss Sarasota!"

(I look like a big frump...it had been a long day and my hair had lost it.)

Many girls sang, or danced, or played an instrument. Keleigh performed her original handbalancing talent! I know she's my sister, but her talent and strength is amazing. She has perfect form! She works so hard and it shows! I loved the leotard she picked to wear and the music went perfectly. Here are some pictures of her handbalancing!




What's so cool about Keleigh winning the title of Miss Sarasota, is that the next day (yesterday) was her 18th birthday! I would have loved to have been a fly on the wall in her classes yesterday-I'm sure she was glowing all day! She has every reason to, right? I'm looking forward to going back to Sarasota tomorrow to celebrate her birthday and my brother's birthday with the family.

Keleigh, if you're reading this, I'm SO incredibly proud of your courage! You are admired! I am so glad you have this special memory from your last few months of high school!

No comments: