Monday, February 14, 2011

Miscellany Monday: Valentine's Day!

Miscellany Monday @ lowercase letters

Happy Valentine's Day! I already blogged about my thoughts on Valentine's Day here so you're welcome to read there if you'd like, but for tonight's post, I'm linking up with Carissa with Miscellany Monday!

1. Field Trip day was a success! My students were well behaved for the most part, although I had to do a little monitoring of suspicious hand-holding during the symphony. Yes, I teach 5th grade, and yes, I have to deal with that stuff already. I know, I know, it's young. I was way too shy to even talk to my 5th grade crush, let alone try and hold his hand with my teacher sitting one row in front of me.

2. I got an unexpected Valentine surprise, also much unwanted, and much too early. It comes every month and isn't pleasant. 'Nuff said.

3. My close group of friends, Jessica, Audra, Bethany, Michelle, Elizabeth and Dayna and I all got together tonight at mine and Dayna's apartment for a home-cooked dinner to celebrate Valentine's Day as single women. :) We are all content with our lives so it wasn't a depressing get-together at all. We all enjoy each other's company anyway. Jessica made fettucini alfredo for dinner, I made a cake, and Audra brought bruschetta. It was all SO good! We definitely enjoyed our Valentine's Day plans!


4. I'm coming down with a cough which I really hope doesn't lead to anything more. My voice was definitely raspy today while teaching and I hate that. It just makes the day uncomfortable. I left school way earlier than usual today and it was nice! I came home and opened the blinds even! Normally it's already dark when I come home so there's no need to open the blinds. (In case you ever wondered about that.)

I'm wrapping it up here tonight. Happy Valentine's Day!

No comments: