Monday, February 7, 2011

Milkshakes

Milkshakes are one of my favorite things, especially chocolate milkshakes. My love for them began as a young girl and they even carry a special memory with them, as weird as it may sound. My sophomore year of college, I worked at an insurance company and right down the street was a restaurant called The Soda Fountain which made amazing chocolate milkshakes. (Confession: I probably bought one every week.)

My dad makes really good milkshakes in my opinion. When I was a little girl, sometimes my dad would make them late at night, after I had already brushed my teeth and everything. You know, the whole, "it's too late for you to have sweets" thing we all heard as kids. Well, my precious dad would fill me up a Tupperware cup (remember the solid color ones?) of his chocolate milkshake and put in the fridge for me the next day. I remember waking up the next morning, opening the fridge, looking for a colorful Tupperware cup with a milkshake inside. Now you see why it's special. :)


To this day, I think it was so thoughtful he did that for me, because he knew how much I loved his chocolate milkshakes. And you know what's odd? I was always allowed to have the milkshake the next morning. ?? Why was I not allowed to have it at night, but yet I was able to have it with breakfast? Doesn't make a whole lot of sense, unless they just didn't want me jacked up on sugar right before bed. Who knows. Anyway...not the point of the story. It's the little things like that kids remember when they grow into adults. :)

So...tonight at Walmart, I found one of the greatest inventions ever! Milkshakes in a cup!
All you have to do is add 1/3 cup of milk and stir, and you have a milkshake! Of course I add a straw too! I had one tonight and it was good! It was very rich so next time I might add more milk and pour it into another cup to lessen the richness of it. I think Walmart will see me buying more of these in the near future!

When I'm visiting my family-I usually always ask my dad to make a milkshake. Usually he gives in to me and makes one of his amazing, chocolate milkshakes. Sweet memories!

No comments: