Monday, January 31, 2011

Miscellany Monday!

Miscellany Monday @ lowercase letters

I'm participating in today's Miscellany Monday! Here are my miscellaneous memos from today:

1. PAYDAY! Yes, today was Payday! Kind of weird being on a Monday, but any payday is a good day, no matter what day of the week! Typically we are paid the last working day of every month, which normally falls on a Friday. But because the last working day in January was a Monday this year, today was the day of our payday! So...after work I got a...

2. Pedicure! Ahhh, it was very much appreciated! They did a really good job and it wasn't expensive! They even did a parrafin (spelling?) wax too which left my feet feeling super smooth and soft! My toes are now a nice shade of red for Valentine's Day! ♥

3. Fire Drill! We had a fire drill today...they're SO loud and always catch me SO off guard! I'm sure my students laugh at the weird face I must make every time it goes off. I was disappointed with some of my students who think a fire drill is funny and just laugh the entire time. We had a big talk afterward. When I opened the door to my classroom, I noticed a burning smell and it worried me. However, this was just a routine fire drill and the smoke smell was from a controlled burn at a local factory.

4. Kids say the dardnest things! In the middle of teaching today, everyone was quiet, one of my students blurted out, "Ms. Kaliher, did you know I have ADHD?" I wasn't sure how to respond, considering he said it loud enough for all to hear, and because he was talking out of turn, but I just said, "No, I didn't!" Haha. I was laughing inside because I just thought it was so random-and it doesn't help his case for having an attention disorder since it was so out of the blue and off-topic! (I'm not at all making fun of this boy-I was actually quite surprised with his supposed diagnosis because he's really good for me!)

That's all for me tonight! I am so tired! There just aren't enough hours in the day when you're a teacher!

No comments: