Sunday, January 30, 2011

New Look and Updates!

My blog has been so in need of a new look. Despite the fact the old layout was still a Christmas one, I also couldn't get the font color to show and it just didn't look good. I enjoyed using Blogger's own template designer. It was a lot more fun than getting a blog code because you actually can make it your own! However, I'm still using my school computer so I won't be able to add fun pictures for a while. I need to start saving for a new laptop of my own. Anyway...I'll enjoy this Valentine's themed blog layout for now!

I can't believe January is almost over. Jnauary usually seems like the longest month of the entire year to me, but this year, it's gone by so quickly. My trip to Connecticut was SO much fun! We even went to New York City for a day. I enjoyed shopping there, but didn't go too crazy! There were some flurries while we were in Times Square and then the last night of my trip, it snowed at my aunt's house. But it didn't begin to snow 'til midnight and I was the only one awake...so I wasn't able to go outside and fully enjoy the snow-bummer! Of course as soon as we left, a few days later, they had another big snow storm. Just my luck! I look forward to posting pictures of my trip on my blog as soon as I'm able to!

In order to fulfill my "snow fix" this winter, some friends and I are planning a trip to Colorado for our Spring Break in March. I CANNOT WAIT!!! Apparently, March is the snowiest month of the year for CO. YES!! That's perfect news for me! We're finding that this trip is going to be expensive, but well worth it. Hey, when you're single and don't have children...you should travel, right?!

School has been going well. I had an observation this week, different than the normal observation the teachers at my school are used to having! A teacher and principal from another school came to watch me teach a Science lesson and observe how Science can (and should be) taught using a hands-on approach. It was a big compliment to me and their e-mails sent to me following the observation were a big encouragement. It's always good to know the things you are doing right! My students were engaged making models of the Solar System. They're turning out really cool! Grades were due this week and we're beginning our 3rd quarter! It's going by fast!

Last night, Dayna and I had all our friends over for pizza and dessert, while we watched some episodes of My Big Redneck Wedding! Hahaha! Have you ever seen that show? It's something else! It's definitely fun to watch and laugh in amazement of all of the things I've never dreamed to be part of a wedding! I took pictures, but once again, can't upload them. Someday I'll get them on here though!

Today was an extremely relaxing day. I didn't go anywhere and stayed in my pajamas most of the day, which is highly unusual for me. I just don't like doing that. But today, I just didn't care. My hair looked gross and I didn't put on any makeup. I just enjoyed bummin' it! I didn't do any schoolwork. I did a lot of research for the trip to CO. Most Saturdays I go out shopping or meet up with friends, but it was a nice change to not even go anywhere. I also haven't been paid since before Christmas, so the funds are running low and it was best I didn't leave today. Haha!

Clearly, it's been awhile since I posted considering this post is 7 paragraphs long! Congratulations if you're still reading! I hate the fact that I can't put pictures on the blog because I know it makes it so boring. At least there's a new blog look though!:) Goodnight!

1 comment:

The Jennings said...

I like the new look! I hope you can post pictures soon!

Gretchan