Friday, August 27, 2010

First Week of School!

I never truly understood the truth behind the phrase "time flies" until this week came...and was gone, just like that. I never imagined the first week of school would pass by so quickly! I'm glad it's Friday though because this week has worn me out completely! I'm surprised I'm still awake to blog, but blogging is my release! Ha! I stayed 'til at least 6:00 every night this week getting things situated, organizing parent forms, and lesson planning. I'm just spent! Tomorrow, I will be writing lesson plans all. day. long. Not fun at all!

Typical first-day-of-school picture! I got this shirt on clearance at Target for $9!


Dayna's first day of school ever as a teacher!


I have 16 students and the girl:boy ratio is 10:6. I have 2 hearing impaired/deaf students so I have an interpreter with me all the time. It's a great learning experience for me and I'm excited to learn some sign language this year! My class is good for the most part from what I've gathered this week, but they're very chatty so I'm having to be real strict and true to my word! Next week when we start diving into curriculum, they will be too busy to chat...or at least that's what I'm going for. :)

Here are some pictures of my classroom! Enjoy! (Some of the bulletin boards weren't finished when I took the pictures, that's why they look so plain. I have strategically color coordinated my learning boards for math, reading, and science but I forgot to take a picture of the math board-it's pink. I love matching!)










After school on the first day, my friend Jessica who teaches 4th grade was in my hallway and I said, "what are you doing for dinner?" And she responded, "nothin', wanna celebrate?" Ha! A.K.A. We didn't want to cook! So we told Dayna and she was all for it and we texted our friend Audra who used to work at Oscar Pope with me and Jessica last year to see if she wanted to come "celebrate" with us and she did so we ended up at Mt. Fuji for dinner and had hibachi rice and chicken! It was SO good!

Jessica and Audra have become good friends of mine and Dayna's and it's especially fun to have girls our age who are teachers like us who are also single without children. Ha! They're a lot of fun to hang out with!


This about sums up my post for the night. I really am just so tired. It will be so nice to sleep in tomorrow. I know Monday will be here before I know it!

No comments: