Tuesday, August 3, 2010

New Things

Thankfully, I have a wonderful job/career that also comes with a salary, which has enabled me to buy some new things for my new apartment as well as add to my "teacher wardrobe." I like to shop, but I love sale shopping. I rarely pay full price for anything because I'm not wealthy by any means, so sale and clearance shopping suits me well! Here are some new things I wanted to share!

I got a lovely piece at Kirkland's last night on clearance for $20! It was the only one in the store...and it was the letter "K" in the middle. Perfect? I think so, especially considering I was looking for something to go above my bed. Here is my bed before, without anything above.

And, here is what I added! I just love it. I'm working on finding the perfect photos fill those spots!

I recently bought a canvas with some coordinating color paints to match the colors of my room to do a monogram above my bed-but I think I'll just find another wall to put it on, because I just couldn't pass this up! While I was at Michael's getting the canvas, I also came across some pretty flowers and vases to add to my room decor. They were having a good sale, and every vase and flower I bought was 40% off! I probably only spent $20 on 2 vases and 3 flower bushels. Did I mention I love sale shopping?


The taller vase/flowers sit on my dresser and the white vase sits on my (new!) nightstand. I finally decided that I'm going to wait to buy a bedroom suite until I'm married. I think bedroom suites are beautiful, but also come with a not-so-beautiful price tag...so I'm going to put that purchase off for a while and it'll be something I'll be able to pick out with my husband someday! I bought the nightstand at Wal-Mart and it matches perfectly with my comforter and bookshelf. I had really been wanting a nightstand. My wonderful roommate and friend put it together for me. Thanks, Dayn!!!

Another one of my fun finds includes this cute, trendy lamp! I bought it at Old Time Pottery in Orlando (one of my new favorite stores!) It was $15 so not too bad at all! I was also proud because I bought it without a sample/picture of my comforter colors with me, and it still matches quite nicely! It's a perfect nightstand lamp!

If you haven't picked it up through these pictures already, the "theme" colors for my room are brown and green. I really liked this comforter set as soon as I saw it, and that kind of set the trend. It's been easy to find stuff to match and decorate with which is always helpful! Here are some things in my bathroom...


(Whitney, because I know you read this, you'll be happy to know that the mint-greenish wall hanging you got me for my birthday is hanging right above those towels! I'll get a picture and put it on here so you can see! It matches perfectly in my bathroom and I love it! Now let's get together so I can give you your birthday present!)

Summer shopping wouldn't be complete without new clothes, right?! All of these things can be worn to work, too, which is sort of what I was going for! I love argyle (and probably shouldn't buy any more of it) and found this at New York & Co. for $9.99!

I got this red dress from Ross. It wasn't on sale but I just love the detail on the neckline and I don't have anything like it!

(Here's a pic of the neckline for a more clear picture.)

I loved this skirt! I'm into animal print lately (never have been before) but I feel it's still subtle enough (I'm not a "loud" person at all when it comes to clothing!) I plan on finding a lime green or teal shirt to wear with it! I got it at Ann Taylor Loft on clearance! I like that store because they have a petite section! Ha! :)


One last thing...here is the welcome mat Dayna and I found at Target. The sticker on it was a clearance sticker for $9.08. When I checked out at the register, it was $3.24. I'm tellin' ya...I'm a sale shopper!


Well, that's all to share for now! Our apartment is much more put together now...just waiting on our furniture on layaway at Rooms To Go-we have to pay it for it first. Just a small detail, right? I'll post updates to our lovely new home as they come!

1 comment:

The Jennings said...

Love your new stuff! You've been hard at it! I like it when stores have petite sections too! I just found out who Ramsey's kindergarten teacher is. She is a cute young girl like you. It is her first time to be head teacher of a class. She was an assistant last year. I hope she is so eager just like you! I have prayed for Ramsey's teacher, for Ramsey as he starts this new adventure and also prayed that they will be a good match for each other. Good luck this year! I'll be thinking about you along with Ramsey!

Gretchan