Monday, August 9, 2010

A Realization

Over the last 20 hours or so, I have learned something new about myself. Here it is:

Take me out of my normal day-to-day routine and get a very ugly result.

I'll spare all of the details, but let me just say this: It's a very good thing I'm going back to work on Tuesday. I've just had some ups and downs emotionally this summer and I seriously think it's due to not being in my regular routine! Most people would die to have 2 months PAID time off, and trust me, I have enjoyed time off but I just feel like I have no purpose right now. It probably seems so silly, and truthfully, it is! I almost think that since I'm not married and don't have children-my job is my purpose right now. I have to remember, too, that I just moved to a brand new town and into a new apartment and although I love it here, it still is a new transition I'm adjusting to. In addition to all of this, I've struggled with being able to sleep well this summer for the first time in my entire life and that doesn't help the situation any!

I'm being bold by posting this, but my blog is mine so I guess I'm entitled to post my thoughts, right? :) And just as a disclaimer: I've not done anything crazy irrational or anything like that, but I'm just ready to return to my routine. It's also helped me realize that next summer I should make definite plans of things I want to accomplish or places I want to visit...maybe even start my Master's degree? Soon, I'll look back and think, "Kaitlin, were you serious about all of this?" but it'll also help me remember that God is always there for me and that He will bring me through this time of when I haven't been feeling my best!

No comments: