Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Saturday Cookout!

This past Saturday, some of my family came to my apartment for a cookout! My mom and my Aunt Cathy had the idea and I thought it was great! My Aunt Cathy and her family live in Orlando and mine is from Sarasota, so Lakeland (where I live now) is the perfect meeting place! Plus, this apartment is much bigger than my last, almost double the square footage! (For my graduation in January, close to 22 people fit inside my 720 sq ft apartment!) So anyway, everyone brought a side dish or two to share and I bought all of the meat, condiments and drinks so we were all set! I should have taken more pictures of the apartment, but I will do that soon. My sister Keleigh couldn't come because she was working but my brother and other sister came with my parents, my Aunt Diane and her son Matthew came, and my Aunt Cathy and Uncle Ralph came with their son, Tim. So it wasn't the whole family, but hopefully that will happen at some point! I'd love to have them all here!

Matthew enjoying the TV at his oldest cousin's apartment. He had a lot more fun once his older guy cousins got here. :)

Korinne, Aunt Diane, Aunt Cathy and my mom all in the kitchen. (Wish my Aunt Jeannie could have been here, too! They will be in FL next weekend!)

Jack was invited, too! (He was neutered last week, so he definitely needed to be with the family and feel loved!) Our apartment complex is really pet friendly and a lot of people here have dogs so Jack was in heaven getting to be outside so much. He panted more than I have ever seen him pant. He's just precious!

Dayna and I are in the progress of a puzzle, and my family enjoyed taking turns working on it.

Aunt Diane! She is my godmother.

Uncle Ralph and my dad grilling! We had hamburgers, hot dogs, and chicken. Yum!

My mom and Aunt Cathy chatting and eating.

Korinne and her "son" close by, who was fed by almost everyone here. Haha!

Our apartment complex was hosting a blood drive on Saturday and needed a certain amount of people to donate. My uncle and dad were in the game room playing a game of pool and someone approached them saying they only needed a few more people to reach their quota (it was close to 6:00 and they were leaving soon) so my mom and I decided we'd give. My mom used to donate a lot and this was my second time! The people inside has an interesting dynamic to them, to say the least! Ha!

Dayna came with us (she was going to donate but she had recently given plasma so she couldn't) so she took pictures for us and kept Korinne company. I was just doing this as a fake pose, reason why my hair is weird on the left side! Ha!

Blood donors! We got a pair of flip flops and some discount tickets somewhere, as well as had our names entered in a drawing to win a cruise. We'll see about that! :)

While I was getting taped up after my blood was finished, I was drinking a coke and it spilled all down my khaki shorts, on the back side. Lovely, right?! I was lucky I lived here and was able to change right away, hence my white shorts in the next picture! Now I think I like this shirt with the white shorts better! Ha! I'm such a girl!

By the time that was over, my family headed out to leave. We had a great time! Thanks for coming, everyone!

No comments: