Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Back In The Swing of Things!

My collection of Silly Bands is growing, that must mean school is back in session.

I tell my students, "If you wear 'em, that's fine, if you play with 'em, they're mine." I really do not mind if the kids wear them, but their natural tendency is to want to play with them all day and trade them (since that's the point, I guess)?

Needless to say, I have silly bands bulging out of my pockets by the time it's 3:30. It's also still the beginning of the school year, so I'm trying to really stick to what I say so that they'll take me seriously.

I definitely am feeling back in the swing of things and I can't believe we are already halfway through the second week of school. I have been so busy! Last night was our first Parent Night; I hope I answered all of the parents' questions! Tomorrow I have a meeting at 10:30 for a student which could last up to two hours (it's educational, not disciplinary) so I have to plan for a sub which is never fun. I just hope my students act appropriately. I'm only down the hall. ;)

Lately, I've been feeling the presence of Fall! It's seriously like my favorite time of year. I love that I am a "Fall baby"-my birthday is in October!

I think the storm activity in the tropics is causing some wind without rain which has allowed for a break from the scorching Florida heat. Florida usually never really feels cooler weather until sometime in October, but even to have a few days right now that are windy and cooler is so nice!

I love love love the Christmas season, but I really love Fall, too. I love going into the stores and seeing all of the Fall decorations, colors, and smelling the scents.

I just wish I lived where the leaves changed and the weather got significantly cooler. Someday maybe?

I really need to see an allergist. Being "back in the swing of things" makes it hard for me to go because of work. Since returning to work, I have developed a constant itchy throat and itchy ears and I'm sneezing all the time. I wasn't sure why it was happening all the time. So, like any good American in the 21st century, I googled it. Sure enough, the exact same symptoms I have are described as allergies of some sort, but I don't know what is triggering it. The constant itchiness has become a huge annoyance, especially when I'm trying to teach.

Today, Warner University, my alma mater, started classes. It's still weird to think college is over. Sometimes I have to remind myself that it's true: I'm in "real life" now! I love this "real life," but when I think about the fact that I began college 5 years ago, that makes me feel old!

I got these shorts recently from Target to sleep in and they are the most comfortable things ever!! I even bought another pair just because of how comfy they are! It seems to me like women's boxers usually ride up during the night as you move and just don't always fit well. These, though, are amazing! They are $9.99-you should get some!

I'm already looking forward to the 3-day weekend! What a nice break it will be after a busy 4 weeks!!

No comments: