Friday, April 23, 2010

A Full Day (and week)

I should be in bed. Actually, I should have been in bed a few hours ago.

I've been exhausted this week. Today has been a full day, a long day, but a good one! I began this morning with a stomachache and feeling lightheaded, wondering how I was going to teach feeling that way. Surely I wasn't going to get to work and ask to leave when I'm taking a half day tomorrow and full day on Monday to go to Virginia. So, I borrowed a stool from another teach so that I could at least sit while I began the day. As I was standing at the door greeting my students, I told the teacher across the hall that I was going to sit down-if she didn't mind monitoring the hall, I felt weak. So she told me to go to another teacher who is like a walking pharmacy, and she hooked me up with some Pepcid or something like that and within 30 minutes I was fine. I was glad for that. :)

I had planned on leaving work right at 3:45 so that I could get to Warner (my Alma Mater)for Dayna's Intern EXPO and see her and all of the other interns' displays. I was looking forward to it. It feels like my expo was just yesterday (it was in December.) Dayna's unit was for 1st graders and she did a unit on measurement. Her display was really awesome! Unfortunately I didn't get any pictures of her display, I totally forgot. I really need to get better at remembering for blogging purposes. Ha! I thought I could at least share some photos from my expo so that you get the idea.

5th grade unit on matter; solids, liquids, and gases


Ms. Kaliher with her display :) 4 straight hours of standing!

While I was there, I got to see some of my professors. It's really cool, I think, to be able to talk to my professors from a professional standpoint now...they taught me what I need to know to be able to do what I'm doing now [teaching]. I truly feel that my university gave me great preparation to be a teacher. There was a small cake reception for a professor who was the director of the intern class who is retiring at the end of this semester. Teacher Ed at WU will miss her!

After the expo, Dayna and I headed to Manny's to "celebrate". Unless you're a teacher education major, especially at WU, you don't know the feeling of satisfaction that comes from completing the internship and the expo. It's so much work. SO. MUCH. WORK. Dinner was good-Manny's has the best salad and bread with cinnamon butter! So good!

Tomorrow I'm taking a half day at work and then my flight leaves for Virginia around 4. I'm so excited to head up north during the Spring. I've never been at this time of year. I'm looking forward to a change of scenery-like mountains. :) I'm also looking forward to seeing my family and celebrating with Chloe as she makes her 1st Communion on Sunday!

If you happen to see any of my students while I'm out Friday and Monday, tell them they best behave! ;)

P.S. I had a lot more in mind for this post, but I think sleep is now taking the priority! Goodnight!

No comments: