Monday, December 21, 2009

Getting ready for Christmas

I have not had any time to do any Christmas shopping until this past Friday night. I got a few things then, but still had a few people to shop for. Being single usually means a small "to shop for" list, but being in college in a town where the main store is Wal-Mart means shopping must wait until you're in a place with more than just, well, Wal-Mart! So, today I was able to go to Michael's Crafts, my favorite consignment shop where I got a cute shirt and sweater, both "professional" for work which is an added bonus! I would take a picture to show you, but they're currently in the dryer.

Today began by going to the Social Security office so that I could get a new Social Security card. Mine was stolen back in high school, and I have never committed to getting a new one made. Lazy, I suppose. But with getting hired as a teacher, and beginning my real adult life, I figured I needed to get one ASAP so that I wouldn't be delayed in starting my job in January. Without a social security card, I managed to get by with using my passport...but I'm not so sure that will cut it for much longer. So, within 7-10 days, I'll have my new card.

Each Christmas, ever since I was born, my parents have done the traditional Christmas picture cards. We love receiving them from other families and it's one of the highlights of the Christmas season! It's fun to see how much people change from year to year. Anyway, I'm astonished as to how taking the pictures seems to be so difficult for my family. No one can agree to where the picture is going to be taken. No one can agree on which one should be sent out. It's just ridiculous. My 21 year old brother had the idea of re-creating a pose from one of our Christmas pictures about 12 years ago, but then when it came time to making it happen, he had to go surfing. Yeah, surfing. What about priorities, right? Well, that's another story for a different day. So, we ended up in front of our fireplace. Good enough it will have to be! Here are a few shots from the ever-so-exciting Christmas pictures experience!







So, after this was over, my mom and my sister Keleigh went shopping so I volunteered myself to go make the picture cards at Sam's Club. The machine is really easy to use and it's fun! While I was there, I also made my graduation announcements. I opted for the picture card announcement rather than the expensive university ones. They're more personal this way, in my opinion. I'll post the announcement once I get it. I'm satisfied with the way it looks! Simple yet classy! :)

My late lunch/early dinner consisted of a great sub from this place.

This is one of my favorite sub shops ever! Whenever I'm home visiting, I love to get in at least one meal at this place, haha! The consignment shop I shop at is literally right next to Jersey Mike's, so it's always a fun combination!

I only have my sister Korinne and brother Kiernan to shop for still. And, I think I have a good idea of what I'm getting them. I would like to do some baking too, so that we have some delicious desserts to eat during the holiday season! I addressed my own personal Christmas cards to college friends and some other family friends. I cannot believe Christmas 2009 is only a few days away. This year has flown by!

No comments: