Monday, December 28, 2009

After Christmas Happenings...including first trip to the Animal ER

Yes, you read that right. My dad and I had our first experience with taking our dog, Jack, to the Animal ER the night after Christmas. But, I'll get to that later, as I like to write in sequential order. :)

The day after Christmas, my mom and I went to Target to find some good deals on all of the Holiday things that are always marked down 50% or more as soon as the holidays are over. Being new to the "apartment life," I wanted to find some good deals so that I can start adding to my collection of Christmas decorations. I found a few things...a snowman tin, some ornaments, pre-lit garland, festive bowls and a cute holiday frame. I am very into decorating festively, so I'm happy to have started a collection of my very own Christmas decorations.


Holiday Frame...I suppose when I have children, I can keep their yearly picture with Santa in this frame.


A tin...I can keep all kinds of things in here! :)

Later that afternoon, my uncle and I went to the Toyota dealership to look around and get some pricing information. My car lease is almost up, and being that I'm graduated now and have a job (huge blessing from above!) I am wanting to find the most affordable deal out there now that the payments will be my full responsibility! I am still looking around and will be making a trip to the Honda dealership tomorrow-that's where I'm currently leasing from. Enough about that...I'm bored of writing about it!

After going back and forth with the Toyota salesman, I was fortunate to have a family dinner at 5:30 that I needed to leave for. It was a great escape! Haha! Some of the family met at Lee Roy Selmon's for dinner. I had never been there before. My Aunt Diane and her family came, my Aunt Cathy and her family came, and all of my family was there except for my mom and sister, Keleigh because they had to be at the dress rehearsal for my sister's circus show (I'll be blogging about that after Wednesday night when I see the show-stay tuned). Afterward, we all walked around that shopping center. It was a cold night!

7 out of the 14 cousins at dinner!

We all came home and later played the game Whoonu..it's a lot like Apples to Apples, but it's more along the lines of guessing people's favorite things out of 4 cards you have in your hand. A lot of fun!!!


And then, after a great day, our 7 pound Chihuahua starts acting really weird. He couldn't stand up. He kept falling over. He looked dazed and confused. So, considering our family has only had a dog for about 9 months we start freaking out, and I immediately look up online the number for an animal hospital. Within 10 minutes, my dad and I are on the way to the Animal ER which is literally right next door to the place we had dinner at just a few hours earlier. It's 1:00 in the morning by now. So we take the dog in, and he is seen immediately because there were no other animals there. The nurse took him back, and she had asked if he had been exposed to anything toxic. And clearly, he was. We took him home that night, and it took about 20 hours for him to release all of those toxins from his body and return to normal. He really looked like he was dying. He was THAT out of it.I have never been so attached to an animal in my life, and I felt SO terribly bad for little Jack. I'm SO glad he is better!!! We love you, Jack!


Yesterday afternoon, I met up with Rachel. She is the oldest sister of my ex-boyfriend, but her and I have always gotten along really well! We're both oldest children and have a lot in common, even though she is 10 years older than I am! We usually get together at Starbucks and then we just hang out and talk at her house and it's a good chance for me to see her two boys, Murray and Miles. Then, we all went over to her mom's house for the famous chicken, rice and gravy meal. It was delicious!

Today I had planned on going to the Honda dealership, but changed my mind and decided to go tomorrow. It doesn't help that I haven't been waking up until so late this past week. I guess I have really needed to catch up on sleep! This evening I had dinner with my friend Tressie while we're both still in town for the holidays. We ate at the Olive Garden and my Chicken Parmesan was as good as always!

Now I'm just home and think I am going to order some books off of Scholastic for my classroom. Because my mom has been teaching for a long time, she has accumulated points that are redeemable for books and so she is going to let me have all of those points and I'll be able to get about 20 books with them! Being a "real" teacher is getting closer and closer each day! I'm excited to find out all of the details of this new adventure in my life! Soon enough...

No comments: