Thursday, December 24, 2009

Christmas Eve!

Christmas Eve is already here! My favorite day of the whole Christmas season! I woke up and went to do some LAST minute shopping with my mom. It was her last minute shopping, not mine. Ha! She's a busy woman though, so I understand why she shops at the last minute. The parking lots were crazy as to be expected. Luckily, the check-out lines weren't too bad.

I was able to bring my family to a "Candlelight, Carols & Christ" church service tonight for Christmas Eve. See, my family on both sides are very traditional Catholics. Nothing wrong with that, but because I no longer consider myself Catholic, and our home church has changed a lot, I thought it would be worth at least bringing up the idea to go to a different Christmas Eve service we'd never been to before. And, to my surprise, they agreed. The key is getting my dad to agree, and I was so happy he went! I took them to a church I attended this past summer when I was living at my parent's house. The service was of course very different than anything my family is used to, but I think they enjoyed it and were able to experience the true meaning of the season. And, that's all I wanted.


The Kaliher Kids before church


The family


Jack went to his own Christmas Eve service while we were gone :)

We came home from church and my mom made some finger food snacks for us to eat. When my grandparents were alive, we always used to have them over for dinner on Christmas Eve. But now it's just our family. After dinner, my mom, sisters, and I went looking at Christmas lights. That's always fun to do on Christmas Eve!




Jack came with us! He has his own carseat that my sister got from one of our aunts for her birthday. It's quite a sight to see!


Cute little face!

When we got home, my mom gave me and my sisters matching Christmas pajamas! They are SO comfy! I have a feeling I'll be wearing them well into the winter months, not just December! We had my dad take a few pictures of us.




Keleigh and I were holding Korinne in this picture.

I'm off to wrap ONE more gift and celebrate Christmas Eve. I just LOVE this day!


"You will have joy and gladness, and many will rejoice at His birth." Luke 1:14

No comments: