Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Enjoying Christmas Break!

One of my favorite things about Christmas break (or ANY break) is that I usually get to sleep in. Late. Like, early afternoon kind of late. It's ridiculous, but I've accepted the fact that I'm a sleeper! I love staying up late, but do NOT like getting up early. After such a busy semester, I am sure enjoying sleeping in everyday.

So, I did not bake as planned today with my mom, because, well, I slept in. If I don't shower at night, first thing I do in the morning is shower and get completely ready; make-up and hair. It's just my routine. So, by the time I was ready for the day, the baking wasn't something I wanted to dive into. I had late lunch plans, so I didn't want to get started on baking something and then leave halfway into it. It was easier to just watch the baking. :) Although, I did do some baking at my apartment last week...and that counts, right?

I met my ex-boyfriend's mom at Panera Bread for lunch. Although my ex and I have been "over" for a few years, we both still have good, established relationships with each others families. Considering we met in 2001 and dated for a few years, we began to love each others families as our own, even though we had our own differences. Anyway...it's always good to get together with her and share with her what's going on in my life and she is someone I respect a lot, so I always appreciate what she has to say. She is such a sweet woman!

I said yesterday that I needed to still find gifts for my brother and sister. Well, thanks to Old Navy and Marshall's, I found their gifts. I'll wrap those in a little while and put them under the tree. It's so hard to believe that Christmas is basically a day away. It seems to come faster each year!

My friend Tressie invited me yesterday to her parents' Christmas party which was tonight. I went one other time, and they have a hay ride and stuff so it's fun. They live in a cute log cabin out in the country. Tressie moved to Alabama a year ago with her husband after she graduated from Warner. We were roommates our first two years in college and I was one of her Maid of Honors in her wedding (she had 2 of us, her cousin and I). We also were in the same pre-school class many years ago! So, whenever we're both home in Sarasota at the same time we try and get together and catch up. It was good to see her!



Tomorrow is mine and my dad's favorite part of Christmas, Christmas Eve. We both LOVE Christmas Eve. We like watching the different choirs and musicians that perform specials on TV at night. My mom will usually wrap presents and my dad and I will just switch from channel to channel finding more Christmas music! Christmas Eve is filled with so much anticipation and it's just a special night! Although Christmas Day is celebrated as Christ's birth, something about Christmas Eve really makes that celebration real for me. To think that thousands of years ago at this time, Mary and Joseph were traveling to Bethlehem so that Mary could deliver her son which would save all people from their sins. I wonder what it would have been like during that time. Nowadays, women have the luxury of delivering their babies in hospitals with doctors and nurses to assist in the process. But Mary had such a different and unique experience, not only with where she gave birth, but to WHO she gave birth to. The Messiah. The Prince of Peace. Jesus, the Savior of the world.
"For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given, and the government will be on his shoulders. And he will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace."

How thankful I am to be a recipient of Christ's love and grace, everyday!

No comments: