Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Merry (Belated) Christmas!

Well, just like every year, Christmas has come and gone. It always makes me sad. I hate to see this time of year come to a close. But it always does...and crazy enough, it'll be here again before we know it. Twelve months time has a way of passing quickly. Too quickly.

Top 10 Highlights from Christmas 2011 (in no particular order)

A very blurry picture showing me and my cousins after eating Christmas dinner...always full of laughs


Time spent with my sister's little, tiny, miniature chihuahua, Jilly


Baking zucchinni bread, among other things like Christmas cut-out cookies, fudge, coffee cake and peanut butter blossoms


Playing a game invented by my 12 and 9 year old cousins- they tape a piece of paper to your head and you have to guess what it is by asking questions that can only be answered with a yes or no. We didn't cheat at all.


Enjoying the many desserts and catching Chloe in the act :)


Being spoiled by my dad who made me a milkshake, when I didn't even ask for one! He knows how much I love them!


Walking in to the sight of this in my sister's bedroom- her new present, halfway concealed at the bottom of her closet, but easily accesible when she needs a fix.


Quality time with Chloe and Jilly


Christmas Eve Church- one of my favorite parts of Christmas. (Mom was at home recovering from a medical procedure.)


Posing for a godchild/godparents picture with my brother and Chloe.


I thought this would be the easiest way to blog about Christmas since I've taken so many pictures over the past week I've been here at my parents'. One of the most memorable parts of this Christmas, and definitely not my favorite, was the 80 degree weather we had on Christmas. I can't remember a Christmas that felt so much like summertime. Most everything I packed to come to my parents' was long-sleeved including sweaters, scarfs and jeans. I'm hoping next year it's colder...much colder!

I hope your Christmas was merry & bright!

No comments: