Friday, December 23, 2011

Godmother/God-daughter Day Out

Last week I found out that my aunt and uncle and 2 cousins were traveling to FL from Virginia for Christmas! To say I was excited at this news is an understatement!

I have always been close with my family and in 2007 they moved to VA. It's hard not getting to see my cousins grow up since I was around them SO much during their infant&toddler years. Thankfully, I get to see them a few times a year when they come here or I travel there.

Anyway...to stick to the title of this post, I told Chloe (my cousin and godchild) on her way to FL that when she got here, we were going to have a Godmother/God-daughter Day Out. Of course, it would involve what she requested. :)

I picked her up at the hotel her family was staying at. We had some photo fun, first.




Our first stop was lunch at Chick-Fil-A. Can't go wrong with that place, ever!

I enjoyed getting to talk to her and experience her sassy little personality. She is part of a swim team up where she lives, and I was asking her how it was going and whether or not she forsees herself sticking with the sport for a while. Her response? "Yeah, I'll do it for a long time. I'll be swimming with Michael Phelps when he's old." Ha ha!

After lunch, it was time to go get our nails painted for Christmas. Chloe knew exactly what she wanted her nails to look like.




They spell "Merry Christmas!"...one letter on each finger.
The nail technicians were impressed by her creativity!


Both of our holiday-ready fingernails!

After running into Walgreens and Publix to get some things, Chloe informed me that she would like to trade her Chick-Fil-A toy in for a cup of ice cream, so we swung through the drive-thru to do that. It's my job to spoil her and I love doing it! This girl means so much to me!


....And that was how we spent our fun day out! Looking forward to seeing this girl again on Christmas Day!

No comments: