Tuesday, December 13, 2011

I Want To vs. Reality

It seems as though the holiday season is busier now than it was before I was a working adult. I'm feeling overwhelmed with it all. There's just SO much going on right now. And I'm overwhelmed! Oops, did I say that already?

There's so much I want to be able to do as part of the season (especially since it only comes once a year) and then there's what I must do to stay on top of my job.

I feel like part of my brain is in this fantasy, pretending I'm doing the things I want to do this holiday season. Then, the reality sets in that those things are only mere wishes of mine that just make me feel in the holiday spirit.

{Have the random thoughts of my brain bored you to tears confused you yet?}

I want to be baking all sorts of holiday sweets and putting them in cute festive containers with handmade labels/gift tags to give as gifts to everyone I know.


I want to coordinate matching, holiday tissue paper with every holiday gift bag I give.


I want to decorate my apartment as if it's on display to the community the entire month of December.


I want to plan and teach the most fun and amazing "Christmas-Around-the-World" lessons to my 5th graders.


I want to send really nice Christmas cards to my closest family and friends, on time.


I want to make all sorts of Christmas crafts.

Source: google.nl via Chantal on Pinterest



It's just not all going to happen right now, as perfect as I might like it to, anyway. Maybe someday?

I have, however, recently hosted a Gingerbread House Decorating Contest on Friday night and an Ornament Exchange Saturday night that I have yet to blog! I hope to soon!

1 comment:

Shelly said...

I have no time for any fun things, either. I just dream on pinterest :)