Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Labor Day at Picasso's Cup

With the day off we had on Labor Day, Dayna and I went to Picasso's Cup to paint. I love, love, love going to this place. It takes me forever to pick out what I'm going to paint, and even longer to decide how I'm going to design it. I'd rather spend a while deciding though and end up pleased with the finished product. I guess you could say I'm a perfectionist.

Dayna is working on making each one of her initials. She already did a "D" with a paisley stencil with colors that match her bedroom decor. This time, she was working on her "R" and did a zebra stencil, with the same exact colors. They have both turned out really good! Now she just needs an "S" and her set will be complete!


This time I decorated a plate with a Fall theme. I love to decorate for Fall and I especially love fall colors.




Dayna makes fun of me (in a good way) for how many times I get up when I'm painting. But it's true. I'm constantly getting up while I'm painting. I go back and forth to the paint section making sure the colors are the perfect color blend. Then I get back up to go see how they made a certain design on an example plate. Then I decide I need a smaller paintbrush. I'm just up and down a lot, being my perfectionist self. Ha!

Here are our finished products:



We spent nearly 4 hours painting these small-scale pieces of pottery, but it was a fun day off from the typical day-to-day routine. Last year, my big group of girlfriends and I got together at Picasso's Cup for my birthday. I'm thinking we may need to do that again...and my birthday is right around the corner!

No comments: