Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Ten on Tuesday

With FCAT testing being this week, I've been leaving shortly after the bell rings in the afternoons and not bringing anything home at night to work on. So...I'm blogging more. :) Fair trade, right? I really can't wait to get a new laptop so that it's easier for me to upload pictures and make my blog posts a little more exciting.

Ten on Tuesday Questions:

1. How did your parents decide on your name?
I want to say that my mom told me "Kaitlin" was a character in one of her favorite books at the time. Or maybe it was a movie, I don't know. She liked it a lot, but it had to grow on my dad apparently. Many, many people assume my name is spelled "Kaitlyn" but I always have to correct them. My mom is a 1st grade teacher, and being so primary-minded, she didn't like the way the "Y" dips below the line. She likes how "Kaitlin" sits straight on a line. I swear I'm not making this up-this is what she told me-ha!

2. Do your initials (first, middle, last) spell out anything funny?Not really. My initials are KEK. Nothing too exciting, although some people ask (when they know my first and last name begin with the same letter of K) if my middle name also begins with a K. Um, no, my parents aren't unaware.

#3. Did you take your middle name from childhood or did you take your maiden name as your middle name? (If unmarried, what do you plan to do?)
I like my last name a lot. I don't know anyone (that isn't family) with this last name. I would like to keep it. But, bringing back up the 3 K's thing...if I marry a guy whose last name begins with the letter K, I will keep my middle name with an initial of E. I plan on taking my husband's name.....someday, you know, when that happens. :)

#4. Are you or will you name your children thematically (ie. same first letter, all of same origin…)
Well, my siblings and I all have first names that begin with the same letter of K. I think it's cool. I will probably do the same (not necessarily with a K) because I like alliteration and just the general idea of the same first letter. I think it looks good on Christmas cards, etc., and just like how it sounds when the names are all said together!

#5. Did you decide on baby names as a little girl? Did you stick to them or change your mind?
Yes, I am one of those girls that has had a running list, in my mind, of names I like for future children. Only a few have stayed (until now) that I still like and would consider-Alexis and Evan. I don't have children yet so I can't say that I've "stuck to anything." Ha!

#6. Does your family have any names that have been passed down through generations?
None that I know of!

#7. Do you look at the meaning of the name or just the name itself?
I look at just the name itself and whether or not I like the way it sounds. I think it's fun to look up the meaning of names-but I will not name a future child solely based on the meaning of a name.

#8. Do you name pets with human names (Sally, Henry) or with pet names (Fluffy, Mr. Bo Bo)?
I don't have any pets to name!

#9. Are there any names that you have an affinity or dislike for based on a childhood experience/someone you once knew?
Yes, there are plenty of names I dislike or don't prefer. I am not a big fan of super common names or super crazy names. I like them to be somewhere in the middle. It amazes me what some celebrities are naming their children these days! You have to wonder the true reason for the weird unique names-just for shock value or a true affection to the name? Also, this question takes on a whole new meaning when you're a teacher! In using my better judgment, these names shall remain nameless on the blog. Ha!

#10. What are some of your favorite names? Why?
I have lots of names that I like right now or have liked for a while. There's always the "unknown" though-who knows who my husband will be (besides God) and what names he really likes or doesn't like...because obviously that will have weight in the decision! Anyway, names that I like for boys are: Abbott, Emmett, Beckett, Evan, Hudson, Luke, Lachlan, and for girls: Arienne, Sienna, Ellie, Kenna, and Laina. This is just an idea-it all could change by the time I'm really given the opportunity to name babies! :) Can't wait (but I really can!)

No comments: