Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Colorado Spring Break Trip

I've only been back for 3 weeks, so I might as well get around to posting about my trip, huh? (Not to mention I still have not finished my Christmas 2010 post. I've always excelled at procrastination.)

Anyway...

For Spring Break this year, me and 3 of my friends traveled for the first time to Keystone, Colorado to go skiing, snowtubing, and snowmobiling. We also went on a sleigh ride which took us to a cabin for a nice steak dinner! It was the BEST trip I have ever taken!! I was beyond thrilled that it snowed, too!!! I would check the forecast about 5 times a day from my cell phone just to make sure that snow was in the forecast somewhere in the 5 days that we were there. There was plenty of snow covering the ground pretty much everywhere-but I wanted to see the snow actually fall. It did...for a good 3 or 4 hours one evening and the coolest part was watching the snow clouds move in. Being from Florida, I am just still amazed by the whole snow concept!

I'm going to let the pictures do the talking. I have a ton more pictures than the ones I'll be posting in this particular post, but they're not all on this computer. As soon as I get my tax return...I'll be purchasing a new laptop and will be free to upload pictures as often as I want again! Can't wait for that!!

And here they are...

Dayna and I on our snowmobile (it was much cheaper to ride together and we were going for what was affordable!)


All 4 of us!



The night that it snowed, we made a snowman! We made him look like a graduate snowman and Dayna found an icicle to use as a tassle!

Audra and I SO happy to be in SNOW! (Audra had never seen snow before, in any form, before the trip!


The 4 of us with Bert and Ernie, the horses that led our sleigh!

Dayna and I at the top of the slope we "attempted" to ski down! Beautiful scenery!!






Audra drinking her hot chocolate that they made for us as part of the sleigh ride dinner!

Audra and Bethany on their snowmobile!


I have a lot more pictures which I'll post another time. This trip was just so incredible! I cannot say enough good things about the state of CO and how beautiful it is! The mountains are just amazing! I definitely plan on going back to CO within the year to participate in some more fun winter activities! The condo we rented was very spacious and had a breathtaking view of a snow-capped mountain. I could SO deal with seeing that everyday! :)

Being able to travel and see more of God's creation is one of my favorite things about this stage of life!

1 comment:

The Jennings said...

What a fun trip! Glad yall had a good time! Enjoyed all the pictures!

Gretchan