Friday, April 22, 2011

Pre-Easter Celebration

Tonight, my friend Audra and her family hosted a Pre-Easter celebration at her grandma's house, complete with an Easter Egg Hunt for our twenty-something selves! :)

We began with a BBQ when we first got there. The food was great! Audra's family was very hospitable and kind! Her grandma was sweet to open up her home and property to us to enjoy this nice April evening! Her grandma also has a very green thumb and her flowers and gardens were gorgeous!

After we ate, we enjoyed each other's company and caught up on the latest news. We're all teachers so there's always a funny story to be shared. I know I've said it before, but I love these girls so much! I have been so blessed by these friendships since moving to Lakeland last July! Anyway...Audra's grandma had a very comfortably cushioned outside swing and it was really relaxing to slowly sway and talk with great friends!

We headed inside so that Audra's parents could hide the Easter eggs. Dayna was hilarious the entire time. She brought tennis shoes to change into for the egg hunt. She was acting like an excited 7-year-old serious about this. It had been years (as to be expected considering our ages) since any of us had been the participants in an egg hunt! Here we are ready to go with our bags! I guess at this age you don't need a basket-a bag works just as well!
(I haven't edited any of these photos, so the red-eye has not been taken out!)

We all ran like crazy to find as many eggs as we could. I thought I was doing pretty well until I heard that Dayna already had 15!! I meant what I said when I said that she was serious! She found the most out of anyone! I think I came in 4th place with 10 eggs. Poor Michelle only got 1!

Dayna and Audra were the lucky finders of eggs that had $5 bills inside!! Dayna asked if this will become an annual event. She is serious about that, too. Ha! I wouldn't mind if it did become annual-it was a great time!




I have to post this picture from tonight, too. While we were sitting outside eating, we heard an ice cream truck. A real ice cream truck, with music playing. Less than 5 minutes later, we heard a bell-ringing sound. We thought it was a loud telephone ringing inside someone's house.....until we saw......this......

WHAT??? We all said, "Only in Polk County would someone see this!" This man was pushing an ice-cream freezer, like the kind that are inside of gas stations. It had a bell that the man was ringing as he pushed it. Kids came running. Maybe it's just me, but who would let their child buy ice cream from this type of ice cream wagon/stroller/whatever it is?? Sketchy, don't ya think??
(No offense to anyone reading this where this is typical...I've just never seen this before! I've seen it in big cities...but this was a residential neighborhood!)

No comments: