Monday, April 11, 2011

Miscellany Monday!

Miscellany Monday @ lowercase letters

I'm linking up with Carissa today here for Miscellany Monday!

#1. FCAT Testing began today! It's hard to believe that test-time is already here! Time has really flown since August! All I keep thinking is, "I hope I taught them everything they need to know!" My students seemed to handle the day pretty well, but we have 5 more days of testing which will for sure wear them out come next week. Because I teach 5th grade, we test in Reading, Math and Science. I'm sure hoping my students work really hard so that they may experience the highest level of success possible!


#2. My friend, Jessica, and I went to Olive Garden after school for an early dinner. Tonight was the worst experience I've ever had at Olive Garden, and here's why. In the section beside us, there was a boy that was throwing up EVERYTHING in his entire stomach. He was hurling SO LOUDLY. I can't even describe to you how awful it sounded. I am one of those people that simply can NOT stand to hear someone get sick. This boy hurled loudly like 5 times in a row, meanwhile I'm sitting at the table with my fingers gluing my ears shut as tightly as possible. I looked at Jessica and asked her if he was ok and if anyone was cleaning it up and she said yes. So, I took my fingers off my ears and tried to continue eating. About 15 minutes goes by, and the SAME THING HAPPENS AGAIN. I was SO disturbed. I also could not, for the life of me, understand WHY this family had not left the restaurant! Who stays at a restaurant to finish eating when their teenage son is sick as a dog??? I mean, this wasn't McDonald's...it was Olive Garden, have some consideration, right? Gross! I completely understand people not being able to help getting sick-but this boy had Down Syndrome and it was just sad his family insisted on staying in the restaurant while he was so sick. The whole thing was just impolite by his parents!


{I realize I went off on a tangent here and used lots of capital letter phrases, but this really disturbed me tonight! Sorry if it was TMI!}

#3. Tomorrow, Krispy Kreme opens in Lakeland! My friends and I are planning to go right after school. We're not really feeling staying to work late after school this week-FCAT testing drains everyone involved! A delicious donut from this place should be a good way to end the day! :)



#4.
I have been in a super productive cleaning mode since yesterday. I think after being so sick these past 2 weeks, I just had the urge to deep-clean everything I touch! I Lysol'ed all the doorknobs, faucets, light switches...everything! I am done with this sickness stuff! I am so thankful to have a good doctor who has called in medicine for me which is making me feel SO much better! Today at dismissal, I always stand at my classroom door, and one of my students said to me, "Get some more white blood cells, Ms. Kaliher!" I'm workin' on it!

No comments: