Sunday, April 24, 2011

Happy Easter!



He is risen! Jesus Christ, the man that was sentenced to death for our every sin, the man that died an excruciating death on a cross after being flogged, spit on, and whipped, the man that was nailed to a cross and said before he breathed his last, "Father, forgive them, for they know not what they do"....that man, HAS RISEN! He did not last in the tomb! Three days later, he rose again!



Today was so powerful for me. I sing in the choir at the church I go to, and worship this morning was just absolutely amazing!! How true are the words "Worthy is the Lamb who was slain; Holy, Holy is He!" I couldn't help but raise my hands in worship and praise of the God who sent His only Son so that I could live eternally with him. I am just filled with thanksgiving and praise.

I attended a Living Crucifixion last night at my church. It was outside and the drama department had put it on but they did such an incredible job giving us a small glimpse of what that day at Calvary truly looked like and felt like. As soon as I walked up to the presentation, I got teary-eyed immediately. I've seen The Passion of The Christ, but to see it being acted out live in front of me was powerful. Oh, the way they treated Jesus. And oh, the way He so humbly accepted it. This man named Jesus truly is the greatest teacher.



I hosted Easter dinner at my apartment. Lakeland (where I live) is a central location between Sarasota where my parents live and Orlando where my aunt, uncle and cousins live, so we all agreed to meet here. I, of course, loved having everyone over! My aunt brought the ham, my mom brought some potatoes, fresh green beans and deviled eggs, and I made a macaroni dish along with a cheesecake! Everything tasted great!



Everyone came except for my brother and my cousin.


My friend, Kelly, asked me to take pictures of her family for Easter right after service. We both sing in the choir together. So I took a few pictures of them and wanted to be sure to get one of us! Isn't her son, Gavin, adorable in his suit??


Well, that sums up my Easter day! I have truly enjoyed this 3-day weekend!

No comments: