Sunday, July 11, 2010

Sunday Funday

Today was a FUN day! It was a fun day that I truly needed, to be completely honest! I said last night that my friend, Audra, had invited me to try a new church with her so that was my first plan of the morning! The service was different than what I'm typically used to, although it was very similar to my Catholic upbringing. The worship was good but I am definitely planning to continue to try other churches in the weeks to come. Audra brought her friend, Jessica, with her and she was real nice and friendly. After church, the three of us went downtown to eat lunch at a place called Black and Brew.

It's a trendy coffee shop which serves paninis, wraps, salads and all kinds of coffee drinks. They had a live guitar player which contributed to the atmosphere. I had a caesar salad (I know I had one last night, but for this picky girl, that's all that looked appetizing to my tastebuds)! It wasn't as good as Panera's, but good enough. We had a good time chatting at lunch about life and boys-even as "adults" we still talk about boys. Although it wasn't about specific guys, more just about what we're looking for in them. Ha! :) After leaving lunch, we walked one block downtown and it looked like rain was going to pour from the clouds at any moment, so we quickly made plans to meet later on at my apartment to hang out at the pool and order pizza.

After I got home from church, it began to storm pretty heavy and what does that make for? A good nap! I slept for 2 1/2 hours! I guess that's one of the benefits of being single and childless, no one needs me which means I can take a nap! Ha! That will be happily traded for someday, I must admit! :) Around 4:00, Audra texted me and said she'd be on her way over around 5:15. I ran the vacuum, unloaded the dishwasher, took out the trash and then Audra was here. Her friend, Jessica, didn't end up coming over but Audra and I still had fun chatting and hanging out. It was still somewhat rainy but the sun was out, so we headed to the pool area and just sat in the hammocks and talked. We decided to head back after a little while and order some dinner. We didn't end up ordering pizza because I didn't have any numbers of pizza places, so Audra mentioned Cracker Barrel and it just so happens I have their phone number in my phone, so we ordered to-go!

We both got the same thing off the kid's menu-grilled chicken tenders and macaroni and cheese! Yum! After we finished eating, we played Mad-Gab which Audra brought over. I think I played once a long time ago, but we had a lot of fun with it!

Basically, there are words in a phrase that don't make sense and you are supposed to say them aloud and figure out the phrase in real words! You sound like you're talking a foreign language, but once you figure it out it's fun!

Then, I introduced Audra to Scrabble Slam, a spin-off of a regular Scrabble. It's played with cards. Audra teaches 1st grade, so this was right up her ally with word families, etc. Ha! Dayna got this game for me last summer and I just love it!


I'm leaving tomorrow for Orlando to meet up with my longtime friend, Jackie, who I've known since I was in 3rd grade! We sang together for 10 years in our church's choir. She is in a professional internship at Disney (did I already blog about this?! Oh well-I'm sharing anyway!) and she's got a fun day planned for us-laying out at a Disney beach resort, poolside lunch, shopping and dinner at Downtown Disney and then fireworks at Epcot! I'm looking forward to it! Then, I'm spending the night at my Aunt Cathy's who lives in Orlando. That, too, should be fun! On Tuesday, I'm planning to head to Sarasota to spend the rest of the week at my parent's house; hanging out, visiting friends, going to the beach, and enjoying different scenery! Ha!

I'll try and take as many pics as I can! Today was a fun day and hopefully the rest of the week will be fun, too!

No comments: