Saturday, July 10, 2010

Just Another Day

The title of this post is exactly how I feel. I've had a lot of time to myself lately and I've been pondering life, a lot. I've always been a thinker, but I feel as if I'm entering yet another season of life and I'm trying to find my place. My recent move as well as my recent entrance into the 'real world' brings on a whole new world of thoughts. They aren't bad thoughts by any means, but I just feel at an 'in-between' stage of life. I'm done with college, I'm working, but I'm not married (yet) and don't have children (yet). I do believe in God's perfect plan for my life (Jeremiah 29:11) but I'm trying to find contentment in this transition period. I'm also out of a routine right now being that it's summertime, so that probably adds to these unsure feelings. I'm sure once August is here and lesson planning, meetings, grading papers, and having conferences all resumes again, I'll wish I had all this time to just sit and think. Ha!

My roommate, Dayna, left on a cruise today. So I'm home alone for the weekend, but am beginning my week of fun on Monday! I am having serious cabin fever as I mentioned yesterday, so there is no way I'm staying here a whole week by myself-I'd be way too bored no doubt! Dayna isn't just my roommate, but also my closest friend, so it'll be weird not talking to her for a whole week, another reason I need to get out of here-to surround myself with people! Ha!

Today, my teacher-friend, Audra, came over to visit and see my new apartment. I was somewhat hesitant about hosting because my apartment is still filled with boxes and nothing is hung on the walls and it's just not cute. After giving her a disclaimer at the door, she came in, I showed her around and we did what all other good teachers do, talk about school stuff! Ha! :) I enjoyed her company and then I was off to shop! Not huge shopping, but I had the urge to go to New York & Company which had practically nothing that I liked, but I did find a cute argyle sweater for $10 to add to my argyle collection. At least it's in a different color and I can add it to my teacher wardrobe! Then I went to Kohl's and found a really cute dress for $24! I'm going to a wedding this coming Saturday, so it looks like I have a new dress to wear to it! Yeah! Oh, and I can add that to my teacher wardrobe, too!

I picked up a caesar salad to-go from Panera-yum!-and brought it home and just hung out. I ran the dishwasher and straightened up a little bit and got rid of a few more boxes. The boxes are starting to drive me crazy, for real. My night has been uneventful. I was planning on trying a new church tomorrow (I'm currently church shopping) but wasn't sure which one I was going to try yet. Around 10:00, Audra texted me asking me if I wanted to try a church with her and it was the thrill of the night! I'm just glad I have someone to go with and it was so sweet of her to invite me! Looking forward to trying out a new church!

Well, sorry this post is all words and no pictures. I'm using Dayna's computer since my laptop died, but I need to create a folder on here for all of my pictures so I can be a true blogger! Ha!

Hope you all had a wonderful Saturday!

1 comment:

Shelly said...

That transition period of life is hard! I feel like I did that when I quit working to stay at home full time. It's just an icky feeling. Luckily, it will pass! Enjoy a fun week!