Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Dentist, Rainy Day, Teacher Night Out!

I got in to Sarasota last night after spending the day in Orlando with my aunt. (I'm going to catch up on my Monday and Tuesday posts soon!) I thought I may visit with my aunt a little longer and stay another night, but yesterday morning I called my dentist because I'm way overdue for a cleaning, and the receptionist told me they were booked through September. (Note to self: Get new doctors, dentists, etc. in the new town where you now permanently live!) The receptionist kindly told me they would call me if they had any cancellations. Sure enough, they had a cancellation this morning at 9:00 a.m., so I said I'd take it so that made my decision to come to Sarasota yesterday instead of today! I'm not a morning person, but as I said, I was way overdue for a cleaning so it needed to be done. However, my dentist said even though I hadn't been for a cleaning since March '09 (gasp!) I barely had any build-up so I was glad I got a good report from the dentist. Ha!

So, I dreadfully woke up to get to the dentist by 9:00 and scrubbed it in shorts and a t-shirt with little make-up but I did straighten my hair. I can not STAND when one side of my hair flips under and the other flips out-one of my pet peeves. Thankfully, that is something a straightener can fix, well, at least for part of the day. :) The dentist was good, it was just a typical cleaning, the lady who did it was real friendly and nice. It's always hard to carry on conversations while they're working on your teeth though, isn't it? I always try and answer their questions though through mumbled words! My plan after the dentist was to come straight back to my parent's house and go back to bed. Isn't that ridiculous? I am still having issues sleeping though, which isn't fun. Unisom was working, but it hasn't been lately. What a disappointment, I sure hope I'm not developing insomnia! NO!!!

The afternoon here was really rainy. I ran to the store for my mom and I got some books that were marked $4.49 and were 75% off of that price! Yes please, I'll buy some! I'm really trying to build a book collection of my own for my classroom. I got back home and realized I forgot one of the things my mom sent me to the store for, so this time she drove, I went with her, and we took along Jack. Look how cute he is sitting in the back seat!


Later, I went to my favorite consignment shop which I've blogged about before and got a nice Ann Taylor Loft sweater and a pair of khaki pants. I must have taken 15 things into the dressing room, but only 2 worked! Probably better on my bank account! Ha! I'm going to do a post soon of my recent shopping experiences, I think that deserves a post of its own!

Tonight, my mom was meeting up with some of her teacher friends (some who've known me most of my life) at the Sarasota Ale House and invited me to go with her. It was a lot of fun! I brought my school yearbook to show the teachers who've known me since I was young because I knew they'd enjoying seeing it. My mom is blessed to work with great people who have been her good friends for close to 20 years! Their kids and me and my siblings would all hang out together after school and we were like our own little family. It was so fun back then!

Mom and me.

One of my mom's more recent teacher friends recently had a baby, Braxton, and I met him as a newborn and got to see him again tonight! He is so happy and so adorable! I LOVE babies!

It was funny; someone who worked at the restuarant is someone whose mom also works with my mom. She came over to us because she knew everyone (she's a few years older than me) and was like, "Is that your baby?" And I quickly said, "NO! No, no, no!" Ha! I love children and can't wait to have my own, but I prefer to be married first. :)


Katie, Suzy, Me, and Mom (Braxton's dad made sure Braxton was included in the pic!)


Poor Braxton!

My mom and I just ordered appetizers and had planned to eat dinner at home, but we were so full after the appetizers! I still haven't had a thing and that was a few hours ago! I've always eaten like a bird though, ha! Afterward my mom and I had to stop by our old neighbor's house who is also a good friend of the family and it was fun to catch up! It was weird driving by our old house...that was the neighborhood I grew up in! I lived there from the ages of 6-16! So, yeah...most of my childhood! Tomorrow I have some fun plans lined up and then Friday is my haircut that I am sooo looking forward to! I feel like I need a haircut so desperately!

Well, you'll be seeing a lot of me soon, I'm about to do a lot of blog-catch-up! I have lots of pictures which haven't been shared yet! Hope you had a wonderful Wednesday!

1 comment:

The Jennings said...

I am honored to be one of your top five blogs! You are very sweet and you look so pretty in these pictures!

Gretchan